All reviews rooftop pool two bedroom apartment pub street old market perfect location few minutes walk ceiling fan air con retreat
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Pros
• Location. Short walk over the river to the markets and Pub Street.
• Very large, high ceiling, well equipped rooms: fridge, toiletries, kettle, daily tea/coffee/water, hair dryer, table and chairs. See photos.
• Nice, but odd, free standing bathroom. See photos.
• Friendly staff.
• All the rooms open onto a courtyard/garden area. 2 rows of 4 rooms, each only 2 storeys high, so no major climbing of stairs required.

Cons
• Mosquito fumigating!!! This is the reason for my low rating of the hotel and was very disturbing. We were given no warning or chance to vacate. Zero visability outside our room due to the poison cloud, which even poured into our room through all the gaps. I wet a towel, covered my face and went to the 3rd floor where the open air pool is situated and where my granddaughter was swimming. The poison was wafting around up there also. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
• Air con was so poor in our first room, we asked to be moved. Ceiling fan in our second room worked at one speed, cyclonic.
• Rooms are a little dusty in the corners and along the edges.

I would probably stay again, subject to fumigation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SnapCooeee
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay with super friendly staff, was nice and quiet when I went to stay. Perfect central location near everything you could need. Restaurants and pub streeet in walking distance or 1 dollar tuktuk ride! Had dinner at sushi restaurant on the site and again it was terrific service and lovely food!!! Very happy customer, I will be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Sereikhema L, Manager at Angkor Safari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Craig A,
Warm greeting from Angkor Safari Hotel.

Brilliant thanks for your excellent review by TripAdvisor.We are proud that given us this opportunity to serve you during your visit in Siem Reap,Cambodia.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards
Angkor Safari Team

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Management of this hotel has hit rock bottom.

After staying at Karavansara 4-5 times in the past 2 years including with my staff, I thought it was a sure bet. I booked a deluxe double online - one of the cute rooms with ver comfortable bed and private courtyard, expecting a relaxing place to work for a few days.

I arrived from 9pm flight to be offered a much more basic twin room. The next day I went back to speak to the manager, they told me they did have my room available the previous night, but they were holding it for a friend of the manager who didnt arrive. They would not organise a refund.

Moral of the story: It looks nice and well priced... but if you want the room you booked, go somewhere else. Standards have dropped!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel after looking at the pictures thinking the hotel was great value for money, not only was it not but the cleaner of the hotel stole money from my room with clear evidence they didn’t do anything about it !!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saul S
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel was a perfect stay for us and value for money. We had a spaceous room, nice and large bed. Completely clean. Decent pool area to get cooled off, we enjoyed. Location perfect, close to market and with good restaurants nearby. Also for us brilliant breakfast in neighbour cafe. We did not go with own hotel breakfast. All in all the hotel did not really seem to offer good selections of food, but I wouldn't know for sure. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple