“Can I get the room I booked? NO”

Angkor Safari Hotel
Ranked #136 of 392 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Management of this hotel has hit rock bottom.

After staying at Karavansara 4-5 times in the past 2 years including with my staff, I thought it was a sure bet. I booked a deluxe double online - one of the cute rooms with ver comfortable bed and private courtyard, expecting a relaxing place to work for a few days.

I arrived from 9pm flight to be offered a much more basic twin room. The next day I went back to speak to the manager, they told me they did have my room available the previous night, but they were holding it for a friend of the manager who didnt arrive. They would not organise a refund.

Moral of the story: It looks nice and well priced... but if you want the room you booked, go somewhere else. Standards have dropped!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel after looking at the pictures thinking the hotel was great value for money, not only was it not but the cleaner of the hotel stole money from my room with clear evidence they didn’t do anything about it !!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel was a perfect stay for us and value for money. We had a spaceous room, nice and large bed. Completely clean. Decent pool area to get cooled off, we enjoyed. Location perfect, close to market and with good restaurants nearby. Also for us brilliant breakfast in neighbour cafe. We did not go with own hotel breakfast. All in all the hotel did not really seem to offer good selections of food, but I wouldn't know for sure. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

In the pictures it looks bright and shiny. In reality it's dark and moldy.

We got 2 rooms and in both the smell of mold was so profound that our clothes got it and needed 2 washings to take it out. One of the rooms had one tiny window that could be opened only by half, so no chance that the mould smell would go away. The bathrooms have no door, only a dirty curtain, so all the dampness evaporates in the room creating the mold smell and bad dampy air.

Once I suppose the hotel was great, but that was a long time ago. The only good things now were location, laundry service and the nice staff. Absolutely not enough to make for a pleasant stay though.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to go there, then book a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We staid three days on this hotel and not once a house keeping visited. They cleaned other rooms but not ours. Also there was a big construction so the pool was of limits. We barely saw the staff and it seemed like they didn't want to see us. The room was pretty but I wasn't happy to find some rat poison on the closet..

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bayon Boutique
Bayon Boutique
#121 of 392 in Siem Reap
0.6 km away
Hotel 20th Street Wat Bo.
Hotel 20th Street Wat Bo.
#113 of 392 in Siem Reap
0.5 km away
Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel
Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel
#198 of 392 in Siem Reap

Been to Angkor Safari Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Angkor Safari Hotel

Address: Street 25, Archa Sva Road, Wat Bo Village | Salakamroeuk Commune, Siem Reap 17259, Cambodia (Formerly Karavansara Retreat & Residences)
Region: Cambodia > Siem Reap Province > Siem Reap
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet (WiFi) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#42 Family Hotel in Siem Reap
#46 Romantic Hotel in Siem Reap
Price Range: €26 - €128 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Angkor Safari Hotel 3.5*
The Karavansara Retreat and Residences is unparalleled — a world cultural heritage site, a beautiful natural environment, award-winning architectural design, exceptional service and a small number of rooms to ensure exclusivity and privacy. The ethos of Karavansara is founded in the sophisticated luxury that is afforded by attention to the smallest details. Come join us for an enriching, enlightening and rewarding 'lifestyle' experience that will make this the holiday you will always cherish. Comfort, convenience, relaxes and delicious are the hallmarks of Karavansara Retreat and Residences. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Prestigia, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Angkor Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Karavansara Retreat & Residences Hotel Siem Reap