All reviews rooftop pool night market pub street top floor bathroom area open shower no lift old market angkor temples night life included breakfast great pool curtains toilet statues balconies asia
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Not recommended. Hotel is near Pub St, so is noisy until 3am-4am every morning. Pre-paid transfer from airport did not occur. Staff did not want to acknowledge my fully pre-paid booking, insisting that I had to pay (again). My documentation was not accepted by the hotel - even though it originated from the hotel itself. Hotel restaurant not working, so included breakfast did not happen as there was no food (or even a tea bag) in the hotel. I bought food from the local market and gave it to staff so that they could prepare breakfast for me each day. Poorly managed. in need of serious maintenance. Looks good from the outside (a French colonial building) but is dark and gloomy on the inside. My days there were a continual struggle to get my booking honoured. Some individual staff members made an effort to help me once they understood that I had made a fully paid booking, but there was a serious lack of management and no-one at managerial level to discuss problems with. I only saw three people working there in a whole week. I was the only guest for the whole week. The rooms are decorated to look like the interiors of Angkor temples - tacky in the extreme - complete with statues, etc. The ultimate in kitsch. Rooms do not have separate bathrooms, just a shower and sink in the corner of each room (no screens or any attempt at privacy) - very odd.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be noisy due to proximity to bars and nightclubs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We were so looking forward to our stay here after seeing the stunning photos on their website. To say we were disappointed upon arrival would be an understatement.....we were horrified & disgusted! Our concern started upon arriving at the hotel, the outside of the building was quite run down. But we thought, hey at least the roof top pool area in the pics looked amazing. So we headed inside & checked in. They demanded full payment upfront for our 3 night stay, which should have set off alarm bells immediately as none of the other hotels we had stayed at in Cambodia did this. So we obliged & off to our pool side rooms we went. I cannot even begin to describe the utter shock that hit us all when we got to the roof. It was so run down it was literally falling apart. The wooden decking around the pool was cracked & in big areas completely caved in. The pool was green with algae & so cloudy you couldn’t see the bottom.....completely unswimable! We grabbed our suitcases & headed back downstairs to tell reception we were not satisfied with not only the state of the pools but the state of our rooms & that we would like a refund as we would not be staying there. It took an hour of arguing with various members of staff & managers over the phone before they agreed to refund us our money. Btw, we found out later from a local that the pics on their website were taken more than 6 years ago. Time to update them Hotel de Ville & quit with the false advertising!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahg1978
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Well i felt like Indiana Jones in the temple of the death, but luckily i didnt find any secret door. The rooms look like Ankor Wat, with a big statue in the "bathroom" and a telephone from the 1960´s. Well sounds too bad, but actually it was very exciting. I´m pretty sure if you can book an Indiana Jones Theme room at disneyland it would look like this room, so if you are an adventurer or you want a hotel room you never see before go for it. The worst thing for me was that the WIFI was not working in my room, and i was even not sure if i´m in the right hotel, because this hotel is also known as Terrasse de Elephants, but you can nowhere see this name ;-) The location is very good, direct in the center, 2 minutes to Pub Street, night market, day and night market and so on. All in one i would not book a room there a second time, but to be honest, for one night it was a kind of adventure ;-)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2018

This hotel is now known as Hotel de Ville - hope this avoids some confusion. Since name change, hotel has gone down considerably. As mentioned, the rooms all have a water fountain which causes the air to smell odd and frankly, looks a bit funky. Our first day there, no hot or warm water, but that was resolved within a day- I can roll with that. Rooms have either a pool/patio view (lovely) or an alley view (horrible) or face the main street with loud music from a club across the street which blares until late night. Definitely NOT ADA accessible. Stairs everywhere and no lift to be seen. Several public areas of the hotel are completely empty and dark at night (a bit creepy) and the pool does not have beverage service (or any service for that matter) altho it was kept nicely clean during my stay. Restaurant breakfast, which was included, was poor after the first day. How many days in a row can you eat dry toast, 2 eggs (omlet style or over easy) with a baked tomato and coffee? Only other option is the Asian breakfast - which is not my cup of tea. As mentioned, the location is absolutely the best and the primary recommending factor. Close to Pub Street Psar Chaa, Night Market, as well as Artisans Ankor. If you are only going to be in Siem Reap a day or two, and can deal with the above issues, you may not hate Hotel de Ville - its a hit and miss, but more of a miss.

Room Tip: Pool view or facing the pool side of the hotel on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We booked a room here due to the novelty of the carvings in the common areas and room - however, we did not stay here. After checking into our room, we found that the mosquito net hanging over the bed was covered in what looked to be bloodstains, and there were drops of blood on the bed spread and the floor. The staff tried to accomodate our discomfort as best they could, but since there were no other rooms available for us to change to, we ended up leaving and checking into a different hotel. A very concerning and negative experience.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple