All reviews baguette guest house rent a tuk tuk old market place to stay min walk to pub street free bottled water free breakfast toilet paper private room stayed for nights tv mr cambodia dorm balconies soap
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Along a small dirt street that some taxis won't use. No shoes worn inside. Easy check in. No lift. A good sized room with bathroom. No views on first floor. Fan. Low pressure hot water shower. Toilet with toilet paper. Also soap, etc. Cupboard. Table, chair, stand for hats and clothes. TV, reception not very good, on a stand situated where the unwary can knock their head. Free bottled water. Slow internet. Free breakfast; eggs or omelette, toast or baguette, jam, bananas. Or fruit salad. Tea or coffee. Normally quiet day and night. Many mini marts and eating places nearby. Also cheap laundry, travel agents, cycle hire. Easy walking distance of town centre. Tuk tuks outside. A bargain for the price.

Room Tip: Second floor for better view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
BukSiemReap, Owner at Bun Kao Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear kaneda
Thanks so much for leaving positive comments of yourstay
we are so delighted that you had a pleasant experience with us and we 're really appreciated for rating us very good score on our service , facilities ,staffs , we are wishing you all the bests , success all ur works .
warmest regards
Mr Bun Kao

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I stayed at Bun Kao Guesthouse for 5 days and I am very pleased with the guesthouse. There was an airport pick up at Siem Reap airport which sent us directly to Bun Kao guesthouse. The journey was comfortable and fast. The room was clean and tidy. Shower heater and water were working very well. Every morning, they provide breakfast which includes eggs, bread, some fruit, and coffee. You may also choose to dine in the guesthouse. The food was delicious and affordable.

The location is also convenient to the old market and pub street. Tuk Tuk is available right outside the guesthouse. Most driver knows this guesthouse, so no issue with coming back late at night. Wifi is also very strong, no problem. Mr Bun Kao and his family are very friendly so they are willing to assist you when you have any questions. I will definitely come back here when i visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This place is charming! Such a beautiful building and it is clean! The people working there are very helpful to arrange things and give local tips while there. Also they arranged for someone to pick us up from the airport beforehand.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiffp1
Reviewed 2 May 2017

when I stay here during the Cambodian new year it was great service it is good always welcome and we are feeling like our home the owner and his family is very friendly, I would like to recommend this place to everyone, please come here

Room Tip: very good room and clean
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel, about 20 mins walk from old market but bike hire available and there's always tuk tuks in the lane wanting customers.
People were friendly and helpful, though when I had a problem with my pick up on the last day, there phone had no credit! Took 10 or 15 minutes to find a solution... Not too professional. I think they were a little unwilling to help as I bought the ticket offsite, not through them (I would have got it cheaper through them and had a reliable drop off).
Private room with private ensuite, painting looked unfinished but clean enough. Brought back fruit from the market but after a 3 hour kip the ants were all over it - don't keep food in your room!
Balconies on each floor are lovely, and breakfast (fruit salad for me) was freshly prepared daily.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo