All reviews tuk tuk carved wood the hotel offers lovely hotel small hotel angkor airport cambodia massage sunrise
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and would in the future not pick this hotel again, due to its location and limited breakfast options.
As it is 2 km to the city centre you are obliged to take a tuk tuk. The hotel offers tuk tuk services but will charge you 2 usd. I suggest you install the passapp which lets you ride a tuktuk with fixed charges and gets you from point a to b without any hastle.
The breakfast is a la carte. You get a small fruit platter with a drink and your chosen item of the menu, but there are nicer places in Siem Reap to have breakfast.
Rooms are nice, spacious and clean. Swimming pool is small but enjoyable. Staff is friendly and can speak english.
All in all, it was an okay stay, but in the future I would chose another place in Siem Reap.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Culture723119
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Hotel staff speaks English. Buying amenities is not as accessible in this area and you may have to head to town (about 10mins tuk tuk ride) to get your necessities. Hotel room is decent and very clean.

Free breakfast is not buffet but a la carte. I recommend this hotel if you are not looking for anything lavish and on the less extravagant lodging budget.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We were travelling with in a group of twelve people. We were met at the airport by a van that took us directly to the hotel. What a surprise, the decor was lovely carved wood, the staircase was incredible, and there was lovely art all over the hotel. Most importantly, it was cool inside, and we were offered cold drinks while we waited to be assigned to our rooms. The room was lovely and spacious with a nice balcony, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and full of towels and the other necessities. All areas of the hotel were impeccably clean!

Breakfast in the morning was good, nice to walk downstairs and have a choice of different styles of meals, we opted for the traditional local cuisine instead of the American style breakfasts.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, always greeted us with a smile. I felt like a special guest!

My husband and I also had several massages while we were there, we could ask and within an hour someone was there to give us a reasonably priced massage. We also sent our clothes to be laundered, had them back at the end of the day for a nominal fee.

I also spent quite a bit of time in the pool, it was small but large enough to relax in and it was always nice and cool after a long hot day sightseeing.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Siem Reap. I would recommend hiring tuk tuks for your travels, we had ours waiting for us every morning in a group, they took care of the entry fees and other particulars that we would have been uncertain about.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel with a small but refreshing pool. Nice little restaurant on site, really lovely staff who immediately responded to every need.

The Shining Angkor is an oasis in the middle of Siem Reap’s sometimes crazy atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyRetiree721
Reviewed 10 April 2018

This is a good place to relax - away from the hubbub in Siem Reap and on the way if you are visiting Angkor Wat and other temples. It is small but large enough to have the amenities and be able to arrange tours etc for you at sensible prices with safe tuk tuk drivers who know the bumps in the road to avoid and the over touristy places. We had massages in the hotel which were good and well priced. There are restaurants nearby - see my review on MAOM just up the road - and a small market. Its only a 10 min ride to get into SR if you need more noise and shops.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple