Prohm Roth Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$174
US$76
US$68
US$152
US$146
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Horrible stay! A big amount of cash was stolen from our bags although it was very well hidden (!). We planned a long-term stay at Phrom Roth for about 6 weeks... During a long time like this you have to keep some money and valuables in your room. The guesthouse owner also reacted absolutely rude and unfriendly, accused us of lying and went through our stuff to proof the money is still in the room. He even took our USED UNDERWEAR BAG and searched it to proof we were hiding the money.. It was humiliating and an absolute nerve wrecking experience. We checked out immediately with the money lost. DO NOT STAY HERE! Siem Reap has a lot of lovely guesthouses to offer, no need to let your privacy be treated like that. Even when the staff does not find anything worth stealing, you know they searched through all of your personals.
This is not the first comment on money being stolen in Phrom Roth guesthouse.. so it doesn't seem to be an exceptional case.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maria B
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at Prohm Roth Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Hello Maria B,
Thank you for your review, even worst to hear. Bear in your mind that you were always right with your stance BUT you swallowed your words at the end, even tourist police also helped you lying to us. After long observation and communication with you and my staff, I didn't believe this was truly happened with the ill-will and hellish intention of our people. That's the kind of problem some people might have some creative idea to stir and they even ignored house rules as well..... and sometimes, people (friend) who shared the same room could cause such an issue too - stealing another person's valuable and twist the sticky story to house keepers. And this was one of the true stories.....
I am really sorry that my people had to check our stuff after getting your permission. Well, thank you for staying with us and we still respect you for who you are and also your wonderful friend. Please let her know that we really miss her too.....

Reviewed 23 December 2014

After my day trip to Angkor I found that during the day someone had entered the room and spoiled one of my pictures which was left there - it was covered with stains of some unknown sticky substance. I immediately inquired the managers who confirmed that their staff was in the room during the day, apparently to clean it. However, their only answer to the spoiled picture was that the stains are not from water! They were indeed quite inadequate in their response. This unsettled me a bit, but it was not until I was already in Phnom Penh when I found that my debit card was also soiled! And there is something else, after I have returned from Angkor I found the pocket of my bag, where my wallet was contained, opened, which quite surprised me but at the time I thought I had forgotten to close it. Now I don't think so and I have immediately blocked my debit card by calling the bank. Money was not (yet) stolen but the stain on the card, which is by the way pretty striking, obviously tells that it was handled by some dirty (both literally and metaphorically) hands. I am fairly sure that this stain did not exist before my stay at that place, and it seems more likely than not that it was done by the same thing which soiled my picture. I have already read one other review reporting robbery at this guesthouse, but now it seems the people there have become a bit more sophisticated and instead of stealing money right away (no cash was missing) they do take credit/debit card information. However, they are still far from the perfect crime with these rather gross clues left - but beware, they may learn fast.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Emil K
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at Prohm Roth Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2015

Dear Mr. Emil,
Thank you for staying with us and making time to write this report. We really appreciate your expression of dissatisfaction during your time with us. However, we found this more as a childish-like complain and let me explain why:
1. From where in the world that you got that 'holy man' like photo? come on man! It's a photocopied one and the value is NOT equal to a normal photo. But we thought he's your god or sort of that's why you did care and brought that xerox copied paper and plainly complained to us that we destroyed your photo like a major issue.. So unreasonable.. We wished we could help download his images a new set for you... Oh didn't you notice that your bag also had some stains like oil? We happened to see it at the lobby when you check out..

2. Do NOT assume and bluntly point fingers at us as thieves of credit cards... Such a funny complain here.. What, your complain about that 'holy' photo does not give you an adequate load/weight so you made up this credit card issue to press the matter to be heavier? Good comedy!

3. What solid evidence did you get to accuse us and tag us with "Robbery"?

4. We have 'house rule' posted on the wall and that includes any value-able should be deposited with us if not taking along with the guests..

Thank you everyone for reading my response, and more importantly for staying with us responsibly!!!

Reviewed 12 December 2014

They stay true to their motto "Priceless Khmer Hospitality"

The room was worth the price that we paid.
It was large, clean, cool and the windows had mosquito netting.
The staff was friendly and service minded.
they provided great and affordable all day tuk tuk service to places of interest, both very early morning, as well as, late at night.
Breakfast was cooked to order and choices were nicely varied.

The bathroom and shower area could of been a bit more finished. It was clean though.
It was nicely located on a quitter side street which made sleeping very pleasant.
Warm recommended it.

Reviewed 10 December 2014

Location is good as it's near Pub Street, Night Market and other establishments. Room's great! We had our own restroom and it was clean. Also, they clean the room everyday so it's great that when you come back from temple hopping, you have a clean room to come back to. The staff's nice. Free airport pick-up. I'm definitely going back if I'm in Siem Reap again! :)

Reviewed 29 November 2014

The staff is very nice. Free pick-up at the airport. They also have tuktuks that you could rent for your trip to the temples. Located near "PUB STREET" so quick access to food and drinks. Near a 24 hour convenience store. Only problem we rented the a room with breakfast, we ended up eating out for breakfast because their cook comes in 8:30 am, a little late for temple hopping.

1  Thank Trebyal