“Great vegan food ”
Review of Mahob Buos

Mahob Buos
Ranked #370 of 1,012 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Description: Mahob Buos means "vegetarian food" in Cambodian. In our "canteen", we serve 100% Cambodian food cooked with love and compassion so you enjoy Cambodian cuisine without any animal product. Mahob Buos is supported by Azahar Foundation, an NGO that promotes peace building through the arts and yoga. Mahob Buos was founded to support financially our "food and yoga for kids" program.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I visited Mahob Buos for dinner. I hadn’t read the reviews thoroughly so at first hubby and I thought the dishes were a bit expensive by local standards at $6 but
as others have mentioned this is actually good value for money as you get soup before your main dish and dessert afterwards as well.

Judging by the photos from other reviews the desserts seem to change regularly. On the day we went it was some kind of palm fruit dessert which was delicious, as was the soup and the mains that we ordered.

This restaurant closes early (9pm) so some of the mains were sold out. Although the staff didn’t say anything when we went in (I believe it was 9pm or after 9pm. I didn’t know they closed at 9pm at the time) I got the feeling the staff wanted to go home so it wasn’t the most relaxing dining experience. However, the food is superb so I’d definitely like to go again. I just wish they were open later.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Amazingly delicate and perfectly balanced flavors, with the added value of being healthy and helping the street kids, a must go place!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

If you want to have fresh, tasty khmer vegan food, come here. The staff was super friendly and told us a lot about the traditional Khmer dishes that inspired the menu and all the ingredients. All the food was great, especially the Fritters and Amok. The dishes come with a small soup as a starter and a nice tapioka desert.

Part of the revenue goes to support the Azahar Foundation, which promotes peacebuilding among young Cambodians through yoga and art.

We also bought some organic spices that are produced by local farmers.

5 stars overall! We will come back :)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My friend and I went to lunch after hearing about this place. The first thing when walking in was feeling like being in a great, fresh, very sweet atmosphere.
I had the curry and my friend had amok, both were great! The soup and rice were also really good - so nice to have a change from white rice!!! and a tasty dessert to finish it off. The only disappointing part was that we'd planned to go to the bakery near by for cake after, but I was completely full! So not actually disappointing.
We had the hibiscus drink too, which was delicious.
Loved visiting this place, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Food was simply amazing and delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would go back if I had more time.