All reviews female dorm fantastic hostel private room swimming pool free airport pickup tuk tuk pub street quiet street night market two nights within walking distance stay there again free wifi hot water angkor wat tours hallway
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Its clean, nice Rooms and good and cheap Restaurant. Pissey the waiter of the Restaurant was sooo friendly and we really enjoyed our stay!

Not so far away from the Center & pub Street.

We can really recommend this hostel.

Stayed: March 2018
Terang N, General Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear StefanieMigi,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, trust you have a great time with your next destination.

It was our great honor and valued occasion to accommodate you here at the hostel during the recent trip to Siem Reap.

Thank you very much for having chosen our property as your preferred accommodation for the journey to explore our ancient ruins in the Land of Smile and thanks for your time to write this candid review to share your experience with other readers here in Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read you found us as a great hostel and nice staff in Siem Reap and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay with us then. Your recognition of my team, Mr. Pisey, and the recommendation to friends are greatly appreciated. Your kind words will be shared with the whole team here and I am sure they will be happy to hear it.

We look for another opportunity to welcome you back to the hostel in the short future, so our team can look after you once again.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The hostel is an amazing place to stay in Siem Reap. It's great to jump in the nice pool after a hot visit of the temples of Angkor. The restaurant is great and staff is really nice! They are friendly and helpful and love to have conversation. Thank you Mom Pisey and all the others for the good care!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Terang N, Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Nienke G,

Thank you very much for having chosen our property as your preferred accommodation for the journey to explore our ancient ruins in the Land of Smile, Cambodia, Kingdom of Wonder and thanks for your time to write this candid review to share your experience with other readers here in Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read you found the staff friendly and the pool nice and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay with us then. Your recognition of my team, Mr. MOM Pisey, and the recommendation to friends are greatly appreciated. Your kind words will be shared with the whole team here and I am sure they will be happy to hear it.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This hostel is just perfect! The staff is really nice, especially Mom Pisey, who also is the best poolplayer I've seen. The swimming pool is great and the restaurant/bar is a nice place to be. Just book this hostel, you won't regret it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kenny d,

I am delighted to read you found us as the best hostel for the journey to Siem Reap and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the aspects we provided. Your recognition of my team, Mr. Pisey, and the recommendation to friends are greatly appreciated. Your kind words will be shared with the whole team here and I am sure they will be happy to hear it.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

The hostel has a really great vibe, the place attracts a good mix of fun travelers with it’s awesome pool and bar area as well as the open and friendly staff. A bartender in particular, Nak, was really good fun around the bar and could help me with any questions.
I really recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you found us as a great place in Siem Reap and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay with us then. Your recognition of my team, Mr. Nak, our bartender, is greatly appreciated. Your kind words will be shared with the whole team here and I am sure they will be happy to hear it.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived early (5:30 am) and the receptionist was not there but a tuk tuk driver who could do not thing for our checkin. Then th receptionist came and ignored our questions weather there is an option of early checkin. “The room is available only at 2pm!” Said the receptionist. Then have to leave our backpacks to start our visiting to the Angkors. At 5pm we were back and was said the room i booked is not available and the have to “figure it out” i was upset because they should have done it before i coming back at 5pm (much later than 2pm). The attitude of “the boss” the man with mustard is unprofessional. He shouted at us and he didn’t do any apologize at all! The room of course not high standards since it is regular hotel but it surprised me with the statement on Agoda “toilet facilities is available “ is only roll of toilet paper and two peaces of “detergents” (not real soaps)! Other stuffs is fine. The cost of restaurants is higher than outside ones. My friend forgot her mobile phone at the lobby and when we asked for that “not see” is the respond only after only haft an hour away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ho Bac N
Terang N, Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Ho Bac N,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, Cambodia-Kingdom of Wonder.

It was our great honor and valued occasion to accommodate you here while visiting the ancient ruins in Siem Reap.

I do regret to read our service did not meet your your high expectations at our hostel. I do apologize for that inconvenience caused. However, let me take this opportunity to clarify the case as below;

- The early check-in: As hotel check-in standard everywhere around the world is after 14:00, yet it can be done earlier subject to the availability. It was not lucky enough for you then as our whole property was fully occupied, that's why; you could not get the room at 05:30. So, we offered you a luggage store to store your bags and you could get back for the check-in later.

- The booked room: When you returned from the temples, we would inform you the booked room was not available, but we upgraded you to the next room category. However, it seemed you did not allow us to explain the situation. You spent minutes practicing your English without giving us a single chance to clarify. Finally, the offer was accepted after your mood was back.

- The forgotten phone: Before and after your phone call, there was no phone left in our lobby, to be honest. If anything found in our complex, it will be sent to our lost and found department. We are so sorry that we could not see yours.

Once again, thanks for your a single night stay with us, but so sorry for the inconvenience caused and we look for another opportunity to welcome you back to the hostel in the short future, when you come with an appropriate time and manner, so we can look after you once again.

Terang N (Mr.)