All reviews cold coconut traditional dance performance cold towels welcome drink snack pack pub street free dinner khmer dinner pool access picnic lunch complimentary massage sticky rice tuk tuk amazing service poolside room amazing hotel hard rock cafe
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We had a wonderful girls trip to Siem Reap and stayed for 3 fantastic nights at the Golden Temple Retreat -- What can we say but "fantastic" in every way possible. We had a wonderful clean room that had the outside lounge patio area right next to the beautiful pool. The pool was so peaceful to sit and relax after going to the temples. We did the package with airport pickup/drop off, breakfast and one dinner as well as 2 days of private tours with a lunch outside the temples and a evening sunset boat ride. It also included a massage --those ladies were fantastic. Everything for those 3 days went off without one hitch. Food was also very good. Everything was above and beyond what would could have expected and the best thing going for this hotel is their staff. Everyone is so outgoing, pleasant and couldn't do enough for you -- wish we could have stayed there much longer.

Room tip: The first floor poolside rooms are fantastic
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank bistate01
GTGROUP, General Manager at Golden Temple Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear bistate01,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.

Thanks for your time to share your excellent experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor while you are here to visit Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder. I'm delighted to read that you had the incredible time with Golden Temple Retreat. Your review could mean enough to us. We're really appreciated that you like the hotel and hospitality delivered to your family a deep sweet memory.

We encourage going the extra mile and your appreciation is vital for us.

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Two other friends stayed with my husband and I at this glorious special gem of a hotel. Tourn Moun, Front Office Manager, was absolutely amazing. She met us at airport, offered us welcome drinks and information. She extended so many courtesies, there are just too many to mention. Tourn really made sure we had a perfect stay. Room was lovely, and beautifully appointed. Food was delicious with a very thoughtful menu.I have never been catered to as we were there.They offered a complimentary massage that was heaven. Helped with travel arrangements to the temples as well as a birding outing. This place is really not to be missed. Also, it is run and owned by Cambodians which, with the Chinese buying so many hotel properties, this is unique. They are committed to giving you the best service.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank allie2355

Dear allie2355,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed at The Golden Temple Retreat at the end of a month-long, whistle-stop tour of south-east Asia, and could not have wished for a better finale!

I'll not waste your time (and mine!) by writing a lengthy review, except to say that we endorse all the good things you will have read, here.

Hassle-free pick-up at the airport; a warm welcome, on our arrival; fabulous, air-conditioned room, and great food (breakfast and dinner), including - on one evening - a traditional music and dance show.

As always, it's the staff that make all the difference, and I can confirm they are all wonderful! Nothing was too much trouble. Everything we asked for was dealt with, and always with a smile! Thank you for making us feel special.

We used the services of one of the hotel's drivers, for three days, and Mr Polo (a lovely guy) and he took is to numerous temples and other 'must-sees'.

Our deal included one free dinner and a spa session, each.

The hotel is tucked away in a quiet side street, about ten minutes' walk from Pub Street.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - from start to finish - and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone planning to stay in Siem Reap.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank wrongsideof40

Dear wrongsideof40,

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Met at the airport by smiling staff (May) and provided with cold flannel and fresh coconut drink. Quick check-in and orientation. Room spacious and clean. Hotel a short walk to numerous restaurants and bars. Hotel arranged a tuk tuk (Rowee the driver) If you can request him. He's very SAFE, speaks great English, knows all the temples and provides iced bottled water on request ($24 plus a tip for the day). Hotel swimming pool appeared well maintained but we were too busy to try. Buffet breakfast was very good, chef on hand to cook eggs anyway you wanted. Good array of fruit, bread, cereals and East Asian options. We had a complimentary 1 hour massage which was so good. The staff very professional and highly trained.
My wife and I couldn't fault this hotel and highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter M,

Reviewed 1 March 2018

we stayed at this place for 6 nights in December 2017. Now, 3 months later, we still can't stop talking about it. I decided it means that I ought to write this review.
We were met at the airport in the AC van. Reception and registration gave us a feeling of being the most anticipated guests in the hotel history. Our room was huge with a balcony and a very comfortable bed., Bathroom was an object of multiple photos with the most comfortable shower in the open space, magnificent stone tub and completed with slippers and robes.
Despite being a high season, the place was very quiet. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh and servers knew all our preferences after just one meal. We stayed for dinner only once as there are so many other great restaurants to explore. Our dinner was very good and service and presentation were impeccable. Dinner dance show was great too. Spa menu and service is also great. Swimming pool and pool side service are wonderful.
But what probably makes this hotel really unforgettable is the true caring attitude of everyone. Nothing is a problem. at our request tour guides, drivers, spa services would materialize with a smile and always on time. I highly recommend this hotel and would not wish for anything better on any of our many trips around the world.

Room tip: rooms facing pool are great. If on the first floor, it feels like your personal pool side cabana.
Date of stay: December 2017