All reviewswithin walking distancesok san roadwifi worked wellrecommend this hotelpleasant hotelnice poolmin walk to pub streetfive minute walkamazing hotelrestaurants and barsswimming poolnight marketroom was spacioushotel is locatedamazing staffevery morningtwo nights
Reviewed 30 January 2018

This hotel is the perfect accommodation for a city trip and also offers a pool to relax in case of a lazy afternoon. Furthermore, it offers a great breakfast buffet every morning. I really enjoyed the help of the courageous receptionists who helped me to organise my day trips. The rooms are very clean and the Aircondition is a blessing. There is 24h security and a safe in every room even though you don´t need to worry about anything there. Our whole group (15 people) was pleased with this hotel choice.

Room Tip: for a good sunset view choose a room at level 4
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Thik K, General Manager at Grand Bayon Siem Reap Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hi Travelqueen_ww, thanks for choosing the Grand Bayon Siem Reap Hotel as your place to stay in Siem Reap. We're glad you enjoyed the pool on your lazy afternoon! Our front desk team are fully trained to organise trips of the temples and other places in town. Yes, we do have 24h security, CCTV, and staff available at all times. We prefer to be safe than sorry! We're glad your whole group enjoyed the experience. Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Truly a beautiful hotel. With a U shaped architecture, the rooms offer a balcony overlooking the infinity pool. Very comfortable, very relaxing. Service was outstanding, more then willing to accommodate whenever needed.

If I were to be very picky, here are some possibilities for improvement:

- The shower could use a lip or ledge to hold the water in, otherwise the water leaks slightly on to the floor towel.

- Towels at the pool could be slightly more accessible, however staff is readily available to provide you with towels.

- Location is 10 min walk from city centre or a very short tuk tuk. I actually think this is quite nice as the walk to the city centre is a good introduction to Siem Reap.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Patrick, thanks for choosing the Grand Bayon Siem Reap Hotel. We're glad that you had a great time and enjoyed our high level of service provided. We're glad you found our team accommodating and enjoyed our location. Most of our guests enjoy the short walk into town and appreciate the peace and quiet when they return! Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Hotel is located on a very quiet street where you can hear the crickets chirping at night. It might feel a little dark and shady for some people, but it's only 200 meters walk to the nearest busy street (Sok San Road). It is thus not super-centrally located, but it was fine with me - just 5 minutes walk and you're in the heart of the city. The Sok San Road also has restaurants and bars right where it meets the road the hotel is located on. Laundry shop and a little grocery shop just 30 seconds walk from the hotel.

The staff was very nice and welcoming and spoke decent English.

The room was big, big bed, with good A/C, TV, and the bathroom was decent. Cleaning was good.

There's a restaurant which is not worth visiting (just go to Sok San Road), and a little pool area which I did not utilize.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hi PilsnerDk, thanks for choosing the Grand Bayon Siem Reap Hotel. We're glad you had a great time during your stay. We are only a short walk from the main road, and most of our guests love our location as we're close to everything but in a quiet part of town. We're glad you enjoyed the room and the level of service we provide. It's a shame that you didn't sample our food, we're sure you would have a different view on the matter! Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Spacious, clean room, stains in the toilet & no shower curtain. Firm mattress, common in Cambodia. Staff was a little inattentive, but quick to help if directly asked. Pool was small & shallow 5’, but super clean

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Malia, thanks for choosing the Grand Bayon. We're sorry that you found some faults with our service. We will surely look into your comments and ensure that our high standards are maintained for future guests. We're happy that you did notice some things that we did well during your stay. Thanks again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This level of service was amazing. We left on a tuk tuk to the airport on about the 28th. Grabbed the first one outside the hotel and enjoy our ride to the airport for a flight to sihanoukville. We get to the airport grab our bags, pay the driver and thank him. Get up to the counter and I realise I've left my phone on the seat. My stomach sinks, with my phone is a bank card and some money and all my flight dets as well. My friend rings the hotel, within 5 minutes they track down the driver and he heads back. I'm still sorting out my flight, my friend meets him. The driver apologise's and its totally my fault for being careless. My friend gives him a reward(all the cash he had on him). He finds me in the terminal, I get my phone back with all the cash ($100 note) and my bank card. We scramble for the plane feeling blessed. My friend didn't know there was money in my phone case or he would have given it to the driver. Cambodians are beautiful people and the staff at the hotel deserve special praise along with the driver. Thank-you Grand Bayon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Hi James, thanks for choosing the Grand Bayon Siem Reap Hotel and taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you got your wallet back. We know that traveling can be stressful and even more so when you've left your belongings behind. Once you are a guest at the Grand Bayon we will take care of you and we're very happy our driver was able to return your belongings. We hope to see you again in Siem Reap! Thanks again.