“Good Food, Good Service, Good Experience”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 12 July 2017

For starters, a couple of little league teams were having their end of the years parties. As we ( my husband John & I ) walked in we were surrounded by a sea of little children. We were quickly seated at a table in the more formal part of the restaurant where the waitress quickly settled us in and opened our wine ( this is a BYOB)n then left to care for the swarm of children.
When she returned we ordered ( mussels for starters) The appetizer quickly arrived and it was delicious! Sauce was garlicky, just the right amount of spice and with small chunks of tomato. However, about ten of the mussels did not. John, who is pretty easy going was annoyed.
When our server came to take the plates, he complained and frankly I didn’t expect much, maybe we would get a mini order of mussels to make up for the shortfall.
Our main dishes arrived and were wonderful! I ordered shrimp and clams in spicy tomato and it was superb. Fat clams and tender shrimp in chunks of tomato over linguine. John ordered chicken l, which he said was tender and cooked to perfection. Now back to his complaint about the mussels. The waitress apologized and the item was taken off the bill. I did not expect that and was pleasantly surprised.
We have been to Joe and John's many times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The pizza is flavorful and crisp. The pasta has always been cooked to perfection and just as importantly the service has always been friendly, attentive and responsive to our requests.
On this particular night, the waitress (I am sorry, I did not get her name) was a little overwhelmed but she joked with us and rebounded nicely. The service was top-notch. The food was delectable. The issue with the closed mussel shells was never disputed. Our server apologized and it was taken off the bill.
This little unassuming restaurant is just about ten minutes outside of Atlantic City, but worlds away from the corporate sameness that one finds in the restaurants in the casinos.
When you’re in Atlantic City, or nearby stop in at Joe and John's. The food is wonderful, the service so friendly you feel as though you’re in a well-known neighborhood place (which it is) and it is an overall great experience. It is a restaurant where you eat well, and are valued.
It has a friendly atmosphere with good food and food vibes, and where you have a good time. The prices are very reasonable, the food is good and the service very attentive. Try and I'm sure you will agree.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Carole I

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I went to dinner at Joe & Johns it's really not like it use to be years ago. The restaurant was not that clean and some of the ceiling tiles need to be replaced. They were gross. The pizza we ordered was average half plain half with spinach, mushrooms. We ordered a separate salad, yeah at $4.99 wasn't even worth $2.00 This is what it consisted of lettuce 2 pieces of cucumber and a piece of tomato. They call it the cucumber and tomato salad. Maybe they should call it rip off salad. Needless to say we will never go back. This restaurant is off my list. Not worth my money.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

If you want the feel of hometown, mom and pop style pizza and Italian food, this is the place. It located about 15 minutes outside of Atlantic City. It has great food at an affordable price with great service. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Ive never had a bad meal here. There prices are very reasonable and there sicilian pie is the best in town. Sometimes i bring my kids to eat inside for lunch too.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered catering (sub tray, Caesar salad, etc) went to pick it up and the owner I'm assuming didn't even say hello just stared at me. Picked up the catering and the waitress was nice enough to bring it to my car for me. I left and dropped off the catering only to realize they had forgotten to give me one of the other food items I had purchased. Called and went back. The owner literally never made eye contact with me or said anything for that matter. Literally just put the tray on the counter. I grab it and left... only to NEVER return again. That was my first time at that dump and last.

Date of visit: November 2016