Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$65
Book now, pay at stay
US$123
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$73
US$57
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$68
US$123
All reviewsatlantic citywafflesindoor poolthe general managerthe breakfast areafresh fruittwo queen bedscasino hotelwhite horse pikecontinental breakfastminute ridestayed one nightchecking ingreat pricenew jerseysaturday nightsandra
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here last year and again one night this July 2017. Sandre is a well organized manager keeping an eye on "everything" - thus as big a job as this is, she keeps most things well under control. Lobby, welcoming. Hallways, clear and clean. Rooms, clean, bathroom 'stocked' (towels, soaps etc), AC put on prior our arrival. Breakfast area clean, good selection pastries, cereals, freshly made waffles, fresh fruit, juices etc. Special note to Sweta - very efficient and pleasant at check-in - helping out if need anything. Next morning she is keeping the breakfast area clean, making waffles for guests, re-stocking with fresh/additional food.....and with a pretty smile and caring attitude - thanks Sweta !

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I will never EVER stay in this hotel again! The Manager ~ Sandra Brown, is the WORST, PREJUDICE, OFFENSIVE MANAGER I've ever encountered. First, when we arrived she saw my kids running just through the door but slowed down when they are inside their DULL lobby. Then she said "I'll put you in the 1st floor since they looked like they have full of energy". I get that, but first impression that's the first thing you can say?!!! The look she gave to my family was very demeanor and condescending!!!!
The next morning, when we were eating in their breakfast room she saw my daughter playing and singing with her 4 y.o voice and she came and approach us "It's too early in the morning!"... Really? It's 9:30 AM and we are in the public area... and my daughter is not even screaming! And If she's playing, she was just in the table!!!! We also have a daughter who's mentally challenged and she saw her just raising her feet on the chair and she came back again and said "No feet on the chair!!!!" Wait a minute, can't you wait for us to correct our child first because we always do! It's her fidgety behavior and that's uncontrollable for Autism! The whole time we were in the breakfast room she kept looking at us and made unnecessary comments to other guests that is offensive to others too. My husband cleaned up after eating, throw his plates to the trash can and she shouted 50 ft away “the milk goes to the sink”. Imagine a leftover milk from a cereal, maybe less than a quarter in a small styrofoam bowl. My husband apologized and she didn’t respond instead walked away. My husband asked one of the staff about the manager and she just shrugged her shoulder, I guess they are aware of her MEAN attitude and they are letting her do it!!! Grrrrr!
NO WAY, that I will ever let my kids be treated that way!!! That is the first time we’ve ever been treated that way.

Room Tip: Just stay away if you don't want to be treated less than a person
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Momof2MD
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night between our trip to AC and Wildwood based on the good reviews and cheep price. The room was in very poor condition, run down. The wall behind a couch had numerous holes in it. The furniture needed to be replaced. We could only see out one side of our window. It had a thick film and blue "stuff" running down it. The bathroom was very outdated and needs to be redone. We did use the pool while there. The water was cloudy. Some chemical was not balanced. Assuming the PH by the way our eyes burned. My youngest had to go to the shower by pool to wash his face and he still was crying that his eyes burned. I didn't go in pool and my eyes felt irrated just sitting there. Not much to do in town and thought we would let kids swim, that didn't work out. The free coffee was undrinkable. The morning breakfast was not like you get at other hotels. Just a couple pastries, bagels, waffles, fruit, and cereal.
My family didn't want to make a big deal about the room as we were staying one night. I did write an email to the front desk. I at least expected an apology for the room or for my dissatisfaction. She just took my keys and said, "You're good." No, "Have a nice day", "Thanks for staying", not even a receipt.
I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jenny b
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Service staff -- amazing!! Couldn't do enough for you. Clean rooms.. very roomy and very nice bathroom. Indoor pool was nice touch. Sandra...the manager on duty that day, was very personable and made our stay very enjoyable (she even made my breakfast waffle for me!) For the price we paid, compared to the ridiculous prices the Atlantic City boardwalk hotels charge, this made going to Atlantic City affordable. Took 10 minutes to get to the Borgata.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Everything was average. The place is clean with average hot waffle breakfast. Average rooms, no view, no balcony and half hour from board walk.
What I did not like was the manager. She was not polite and you feel intimidated to talk to her. She liked to be do everything so it is hard to avoid her. I saw her mistreating all the other guests so i tried to avoid her. Other staff was good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family