“You won't leave hungry”

Wise Owl Country Store Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Grill
Description: Please note that our restaurant is open on Saturday & Sunday ONLY Hours of Restaurant Operation: 7AM-2PM
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Breakfast is always one of my favorites to try new places, Wise Owl looks more like a store than a dining place, but this is deceptive. Nice dining area, breakfast was very good and more than I felt comfortable consuming, good overall experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I cut out a coupon for Fried Clam plate for $18.95. If its to good to be true than it is. I got my clam plate to go, but while I was waiting I sat in front of the kitchen and waited and waited and waited. You get the picture. I was listing to what was going on. I was a multi unit chef for 38 years, so there was a couple waiting for lobster roll, next thing you know the cook said after the 2 lobster rolls we are out of lobster meat. The rest is frozen. So after waiting about 20 minute the couple got there lobster rolls. Mind you that I was there 10 minutes before them. Finally I got my clam plate and elected to eat outside. The French fries arr homemade but they sucked. Greasy and limp. They give you onion rings also, same thing greasy and limp. The fried clams sucked. They must be frozen also because the were over cooked all breading and there were no bellys to see. You get what you pay for. Go pay the extra $8.00 and get a good fry clam dinner that uses freshly shucked gallons. Not frozen garbage.

2  Thank hanabro123
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Best Nutella french toast! Loved the quaint decor of the tables with red paisley cloth. 2 young ladies serving went out of their way to help. Place was busy but not overcrowded. Will be back.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

The Wise Owl offers large portions at great prices! The food is made fresh daily, from homemade breads to fresh corned beef hash! Try the Lobster Roll..., garaunteed to never go to any other place! Portion is large, price is more than fair and taste delicious!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This restaurant is family owned and operated, the food the serve you are huge, if you leave there hungry it's your own fault. Best Lobster Roll in the Lakes Region.

1  Thank Mary B