“Poor Food”

Add it.
Cafe Arnold
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband, I and another couple had dinner there last night. We didn't realize that the ownership had changed. I ordered onion soup. The soup came to the table smelling of smoke because all the onions in the soup were burnt black. I returned the soup and they brought me tomato basil soup. Well that soup was water with chunks of tomatoes without any basil flavor or seasoning.

Our friend ordered the ravioli ($14.95). The ravioli alone were good. However, the sauce resembled a thick chili. It was overcooked with a burnt and tin taste. The order of a simple reuben sandwich was stacked with chopped corned beef similar to what you'd use for corn beef hash. The side of slaw was simply cabbage cut into large salad chunks with mayo dressing. After the complaint about the ravioli, the owner took off one half the price of the ravioli dish.

Three bright spots -- 1) the young woman who served us was great. She tried so hard to make up for the poor food; 2) the wings were good; 3) the fried jalapenos were great.

1  Thank higgins08

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had read where the ownership had changed in the local paper. Great Service. The chicken Marsala was great. I now have a new place to stop on Mondays after work. My husband loved the fish tacos.

1  Thank lovegoldensSt_louis
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I visited this restaurant in late October 2013 during a visit to the Saint Louis area. The restaurant area is very informal and had a very baseball feel as Saint Louis were playing in the final of the World Series. The menu is very large with a decent selection of beers on draught and bottled. The burgers are all named after local schools which is a nice touch. My burger was very tasty and the size was more than enough for anyone who isn't training for Sumo Wrestling! The staff were friendly and attentive. Pricing was reasonable and I left having very much enjoyed my meal. An excellent, informal meal venue.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

There sunday pizza special is perfect for familes with younger kids. You can get the kids pizza and have left overs and enjoy an entree for yourself.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We starting going here when they first opened and loved it. Their specials made it even better. But as time went on so did the service. If you are a non smoker and dont want to smell it, then dont go here.
What a shame this place is slipping.

4  Thank xpurt