“Excellent Sushi!”

Ooka Asian & Sushi Bistro
Ranked #18 of 77 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The excellent craftsmanship of the sushi roller was matched only by two things during our visit to Ooka: the service and the deliciousness of the sushi itself. For the first time, we took seats at the sushi bar to watch the chef assemble each roll; it was truly a treat. And maybe it was because we sat at the bar, but we felt as we were the only people in the restaurant as we were treated treated as such by the service staff. The sushi was so delicious that even my wife, who will occasionally give in to my pleas for sushi only so often, really loved her crunch roll and declared half way through it that we would definitely be back soon.

Do not pass this place by - highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Service was great, food was very good. Had sushi, mango shrimp and ramen. Fast and friendly service. Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

My family group of 7 ate dinner here for the first time, and we all enjoyed our food and will be back. Service was good, the bathrooms were clean, nice little place.

I really enjoyed the AAC roll appetizer, and my Hibachi veg entree was very good. The plum wine was a generous pour, and good. My husband liked the Lucky Budda beers and Teriyaki Veg, and fried rice with shrimp, plus spring roll and spider roll.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I just wanted to let everyone who has allergy with peanut DO NOT order the pork belly ramen soup. It happened with my daughter today. My daughter has mildly severe allergy with peanuts, unfortunately she ordered the pork belly soup, and it had no mention on the menu that there was peanut in the soup base . My daughter felt uncomfortable and suspected the ramen soup has peanut. After confirming with the chef, that was true. Fortunately, my daughter just has mild allergy does not has life threat, I was thinking what if someone had a very bad allergy will has life threat. when I told the staff, I am not sure if he was owner or manager of the restaurant, but I talked to him ans suggested to mention the soup base has peanut because i don't want this to happen to anyone. But his response shocked me. He said the customer should ask if anything has cooked peanut because each soup based of the ramen is different. I have eaten ramen in many different locations, in and out of minnesota, but I have never heard of ramen made with a peanut based soup. i am appalled by the response given back to me by the staff, and I definitely will not come back here. I am grateful that my daughter does not have a deathly severe allergy, I really don't want this to happen to others.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This is one of the best Asian restaurants in the Twin Cities area, certainly the best that we've found. They offer dine-in, take-out and even local area delivery. The staff is terrific and very helpful, necessary because of the extensive menu options and the daily unpublished specials menu based on the best market ingredients available that day. We had the Pork Gyoza appetizer, the Minnehaha Roll (sushi salmon and spiced tuna, , avo, cucumber and jalapeno sauce ... absolutely primo!) from the specials menu, and the Basil Jumbo Shrimp from the entree menu; split between three adults, this provided plenty to eat. A nice variety of beers, wine and, of course, saki is offered of both Asian and domestic varieties. We plan to go back frequently and highly recommend giving this restaurant a try for either lunch or dinner.