“When I am gone, this spot will be one of those, that my children will cherish special times.”

Truffles and Tortes Dessert Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Anoka
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

A Main Street gem, a door that jingles into a room filled with chatter and patrons who came for the experience, knowing their visit is more than filling their bellies and continuing to race through the day. Slow down and relish the clanking of silverware, the eaters' clear intentions to socialize and hoping for a laugh or just an old fashioned face to face conversation, over flowers, a positive air rests here. But it's looking through the beckoning glass display case, inviting and lovely, showcasing the desserts. Yes!!! I want to yell an exuberant yes! Cheering myself on for ordering such an indulgent dessert. Yeah! Each dessert its own specie, my daughter can hardly stand to choose one and can't read most of the labels anyways, picks the one with fragile gold leaf because of the pure mystery of its insides, she loves the surprises inside. I guess that's the beauty of not caring what the label says. My son on the other hand, this rare opportunity of eating a bakery item outside of our home kitchen- is an event. He has celiac disease and this is the one place I know that he can go in and drool over desserts and he knows there is one he can have. For an 8 year old kid who has to walk by every grocery bakery and every hostess stand. . . this is big, you should see him smile. The dessert could be $20 and I would buy it to see him lock this place into his favorite spots list. I don't break the bank here though at all, and the breakfasts and soups that are provided give me another darn good excuse to come back, besides my children begging. We like to sit outside on the sidewalk and spot old classic cars. My children's teeth fill up with chocolate and it looks gross and they laugh and show me their dirty teeth, I know they will remember these special desserts. This isn't just a place it is an instant fond memory. Thank you for being a gluten friendly restaurant, you help our family dine together. I can only bake so much at home:) and yours are far prettier. -Greatful

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Great place for coffee and a treat (breakfast or ANYtime)
Amazing desserts; both beautiful and delicious
The Caramel Rolls are the BEST ever. Any item is
A REAL TREAT !!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

It's a lovely little dessert cafe with very delicious offerings. Their truffles are to DIE for. It's definitely worth trying a treat or two.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stopped in for a quick bite while sightseeing parks. The service was excellent, very pleasant order takers and servers. The menu is very limited but for lunch what else is needed than sandwiches, salads, soups, and drinks. I had an egg salad sandwich on a croissant roll. Very tasty. My wife had a ham and cheese on 9 grain bread with a side salad. Both were well made and very tasty. For dessert we split a chocolate torte. It was to die for. What a way to complete the meal. The only problem with this eatery is the large selection of desserts available. All looked superb.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The desserts are SO crazy good you have to experience it to even believe it! They have so many to choose from and I have to admit I may have tried them all! So not only are the desserts amazing but the food is too. Friendly workers and a great atmosphere along with the amazing food makes this place a must!!!

Date of visit: January 2018