All reviews ward room breakfast was delicious bike trail birthday surprise front porch central lakes other guests dave broadway mn
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I am a little late in writing this. We spent the night on October 14th in the Noah P Ward room. It was beautiful!!! Dave and Rosie are so gracious and made our stay amazing!! The room is beautiful and the tub was very relaxing. The downtown of Alexandria was great to walk around and we enjoyed every store we stopped in. I really wish I had found the "An Enchanted Evening" board game in the dresser a bit before check out! Breakfast was delicious and the company of the other guests was so memorable! The front porch is amazing! If we are ever in Alexandria again we will be staying at the Cedar Rose Inn Bed and Breakfast!

Room Tip: We chose the room with the whirlpool tub! So relaxing!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

5 of us stayed at the Cedar Rose Inn on Oct. 6 & 7, 2017. The CRI is a beautiful home near downtown Alexandria MN. Dave & Rosie love their home & love the guests that come stay with them. Beautiful rooms & delicious breakfasts. We were treated as family. A great place to stay when visiting a great little city!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Juergens558
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Dave and Rosie are the consummate hosts- the facility is beautiful, the food great, and the porch is a fantastic place to unwind. Dave and Rosie are happy to sit and chat but are ever mindful of leaving people to themselves if that is what is desired. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This was my first experience with a B&B and as my uncles 456gary and Tolly01 had said in so many words, this place is THE place to stay and should be looked at for its absolutely fantastic host Andrew and extremely charming home, property, and surroundings.

It is quite literally in the middle of everything Alex.
The inn has a nice quiet small town feel and is three blocks away from all of the Broadway shops.
Could not ask for more.

It has been over a year since I have been here, but I will never forget the memories I have made here.
I am saving and planning to return soon.

TO THE READER:
You will not regret it.
Really, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you are ANYWHERE near Alex and didn't stay here.

The breakfast, oh man!
I saved this for last.
It.
Is.
Phenomenal!
and I'm from the South!
Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs.
Thick and juicy sausage and bacon.
Pancakes and french toast with powdered sugar for taste and decor.
Fresh strawberries, oranges, peaches, bananas, and apples.
As silly as this may sound, they have great tasting water and provided real orange juice.
Nice china, dinnerware, and linen cloth.
I even think there was ice cream.
I was completely blown away!

You could make some great memories here like we did.
It is truly a home away from home.

Dear Andrew,
Thank you so much for opening your home, being an extraordinary and gracious host and gentleman and for everything you and your staff did to make our visit in Sept'15 the most memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms were nice/cozy. Extra space; choose the one with the hot tub. Darkest room, end of hall -great for naps. =D
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at Cedar Rose Inn for a couple relaxing nights. Dave and Rose were wonderful hosts. We enjoyed the wine, cheese and conversation both nights we stayed.

The home is quaint and historic, you will feel taken back in time. It was a short, pleasant walk to downtown.

We made use of the bike trail, and went to the grape stomp at the local winery. The bike trail wound its way past lakes, ponds, woods and prairie. The grape stomp was festive. Four bands provided music, the crowd was rockin for a good time. We had a good time.

We will definitely be back again to see Dave and Rosie and explore more of what the area has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple