All reviewswater parklake cafelazy riverdeck barindoor waterparkhorseback ridinglake darlingoutdoor activitiesice skatingrecommend this resortnice resortsunday buffetall agesroom was spaciouslarge groupthe past yearsextended family
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

THE FOOD at the restaurant in here, absolute garbage. Frozen, pre-made plates thrown in a microwave and heated up when ordered. Chicken was firm, potatoes were cold. Gross. Skip it and go into town for food.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank maygunthegun
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

I'm shocked to read this. We normally receive very nice comments and reviews about the food in the Lake Cafe. I can assure you, all our food is made fresh and cooked to order. I'm sorry that you had a such a bad experience. Please contact me at 320-762-1124 to discuss how we can make this up to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I traveled here for work and stayed in the off season, but I could see this place is poised for a great summer getaway! The lake was starting to freeze over, so ice fishing would also be good here! Summers with the lake-front and water slide make this seem like a place I want to return to.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Katie A
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Katie A,
Thank you for the nice comments! We are a great place in the winter, spring, summer and fall! Thank you for mentioning some of our great amenities! We hope to see you this summer!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel room was a little dated and the bed was not that comfortable but it was ok. Water park was great and we had a blast. Ordered room service and the food arrived quickly and was pretty good. We would stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Arrowwood Resort and for your nice comments! We appreciate your honesty and are very happy you enjoyed the indoor water park and the room service you ordered! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I was staying here with my in-laws (no, not the bad part) who are elderly and we stated that while making the reservation. When we got to the room, I was surprised at the incredibly long walk to get there with no warning of that (and no offer of assistance when they saw my 70+ farther in law shuffling along), the dark and dated hallways, and the very dated room for the price we were paying. That night, we were so cold that my mother in law had to get up to put on her jacket... there were no extra blankets, no warnings about how cold it got, and no instructions for the VERY old heating/cooling system (without exaggerating, I'm pretty sure it's from the 70s or 80s... the air blowing out of it was cool all night long). After going to the front desk in the morning, we got a wheelchair to use but still no extra blankets (had to get up multiple times the 2nd night to crank the heat up more and more). I'm not sure if I was more concerned about my elderly in-laws or my infant in the room getting too cold, but at least we brought her warm jammies.

Then there's the restaurant... we went in for breakfast and the only time what we could call a waiter came around was to ask if they could start us out with any drinks. After they brought them out, they disappeared forever... we apparently had to figure out that it was assumed that everyone would get the buffet. We had to ask a bus boy if we could get a menu and I didn't find out that a drink was included in the cost until the bill came... then I had to ask the hostess (as again, no waiter was in sight) if I could get a pop to go if it was included and she didn't even know what kind of pop they had as it wasn't her position (which she shouldn't... that's more a commentary on the wait staff). Quite literally the worst service I've ever had in a sit-down restaurant and I regretted leaving much of any tip, but I had already written it out on the check before thinking about it. The food itself was decent (albeit overpriced for what we got)... 2 of the 10 items offered were good, the rest ranged from okay to mediocre.

The water park was quite nice and the water was a pleasant 70-ish temperature, but the ambient air was so cold that every child (and several adults) out of the water were shivering... you'd think with such a nice setup that's open during the winter that there would be something to warm the ambient air for that time.

Once I found out how expensive each night was, I really wish we had stayed at a Holiday Inn or whatever random hotel was by the highway... at least they would have been cheaper, had adequate heating, and a continental breakfast that would have rivaled the $11 buffet.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dburleigh2
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Great value hotel & resort. Travelled as a couple and stayed over night as a stop-over on the way to Minneapolis.
5th floor is great as it's vaulted ceilings in each room, very comfortable. Nice lake view. Great amenities for the price (waterpark, etc).

Close to main drag in Alexandria for shops and restaurants.

Will definitely be back! Looks like it would be even better come summer time.

Room Tip: 5th floor, spacious and high ceilings
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!