US$121
US$153
US$134
Hampton.com
US$137
Super 8 by Wyndham Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$76
US$65
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$99
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$69
All reviewswater parklake cafelazy riverdeck barindoor waterparkhorseback ridinglake darlingoutdoor activitiesice skatingrecommend this resortnice resortsunday buffetall agesroom was spaciouslarge groupthe past yearsextended family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We rented a family size room for the New Years weekend and other family members rented rooms as well. The weather was well below zero so we were unable to participate in any outdoor activities. Thankfully, there were several options indoors to keep us busy. The indoor tennis courts/basketball court were a nice option to burn off energy. The activities for families were a nice distraction as well (crafts, cookie decorating, bingo etc.). The kids also took advantage of the water park.

Our room was a nice size. We were there 3 nights and nobody cleaned our room the entire stay. Once we were approached by housekeeping but were using the room, but otherwise no other attempts were made to clean. The decor is bland and tired. The overall "vibe" of the entire facility is dated. We've stayed in the new townhouses and cabins in the past, and they are very nice and updated. It's time for the resort to invest in the facilities they have.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank IowaTravelrUs
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry it was so cold when you were here! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the many activities that we offer. I apologize that we were unable to get housekeeping in your room when you wanted. Please give us a call next time with a time you would like your room cleaned and we will accommodate you.
Thank you again for the review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Clean rooms with ample space and deck overlooking the lake. It is built on a hill, so it is disceiving how it appears from the parking lot. Food was extra and a bit expensive as far as hotel eating, but probably not for a water park resort. The water park was nice with a good variety of things to do for almost any age.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at Arrowwood Resort! We are glad you enjoyed the waterpark and the variety of recreation that we offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We arrived on a Sunday for our 4 day stay for a conference. Check in was ok for the room but the conference part of it the front desk staff never gave us our meal tickets that were required for the conference meals. At supper time we were told we were supposed to have tickets and would need to go to the front desk to get them. So up to the front desk we went. Thankfully there was no hassle and they just handed over the tickets. The food was ok-conference food is never spectacular. Rooms were not cleaned until later in the afternoon. Surprising to me as usually they clean early but from talking with others at the conference there is a serious staffing issue at this property and they cannot/do not have enough housekeeping staff to get the rooms cleaned in a timely fashion. Two of the attendees were told at check in that they did not have a reservation for the conference. Both provided their confirmation numbers and email and still were told there would not be a room for them. After some discussion they were given rooms but not for the entire conference. They had to check out one night early as the property said they did not have any available rooms for the last night of the conference. After the hassle of the check in they went to their room and it had not been even cleaned. How do you check someone in to an uncleaned room?! Very disappointing. Breakfast at the restaurant is a buffet or you can order from the menu. I ordered a Breakfast croissant-it is supposed to have an egg, cheese and meat. When it arrived it came on a toasted hamburger bun-really?!! if you were out of croissants, I understand. Come tell me that and ask me if it is ok to substitute an English muffin or a biscuit for the croissant. Don't use a hamburger bun! $11.95 for a sandwich and coffee. Seems ridiculous to me!
The overall condition of the facility has declined dramatically over the past couple of years. I have been coming to this facility for over 30 years so can see the decline. They are not investing in the facility upgrades that need to happen. They are focusing on building houses on the property and not maintaining what they have. Very disappointing when you pay more than $150 per night for a room. The faucet for the tub is so difficult to work-it doesn't stop when you go to shut off the water. You have to turn the handle very slowly so you hit the spot where the water stops. It just keeps turning otherwise. This facility needs updating. New carpet in the hallways and rooms, new paint and fixtures in the rooms-they are very dark and dreary, new patio doors-they leak a lot and are very cold, and new fresh paint in the hallways. It is very dreary and dark in the hallways and they need freshening. I realize it is very expensive to do these updates but they are needed for this facility to continue functioning. I also realize getting and retaining staff is a challenge but it is something they need to work on as some of the staff they do have do not do a very good job. Some of the staff I spoke with were excellent. Customer service is very much lacking at the facility in all areas.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Valeri W
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Great resort! Rooms are very nice with terrific amenities. Restaurant is a must try. My son and his friends had a blast at the indoor water park. Wonderful family venue. Highly recommended when your staying in the Alexandria area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Hello and thank you for the wonderful review. Thank you for commenting on our great rooms, the indoor water park and the nice referral to our Lake Cafe restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I stayed last June 2017 and I left a diamond necklace in the night stand. I realize once I got home and called and left a message with housekeeping. They called back and the maid had just brought the necklace in!!! I never thought I would see it again. What a wonderful housekeeping staff. I can't thank them enough - what honesty. You don't see that much anymore. I highly recommend staying here! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you for the great recognition of our wonderful housekeeping staff! I'm so glad we were able to return something of such value to you. Thank you for the great recommendation! See you soon!