All reviews hot tub and sauna great room for the money room was clean breakfast was amazing pool area was very nice in town living area comfortable stay staff was friendly a great place to stay an update called the front desk fridge and microwave king suite cereal inns
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wine weekend - September 2018

We checked into our room on Saturday - 3:00 check in - but when we arrived into our room, the shower still had an open soap and shampoo/conditioner in it. It was still dirty with hair in it. I get it, hair happens. The toilet, had urine pooled alongside towards the back on the floor - it was evident this had not been wiped down. I walked to the front desk and informed the gal there, she pretty much just said, well okay. We were booked through Monday - I made note to talk with the manager prior to our leaving. I can get over the listed above items - however, this is where it gets worse. Monday the 17th, they stopped breakfast at 9:20 am - it is supposed to go until 10:00. Shortly after they removed the "food" another guest came down looking for something to eat, it was only 9:30. Nothing was offered. And that guest did NOT miss out on anything - this is NOT food from a restaurant (as I have seen the manager advertising) this is food that is being thrown in a microwave and into warmers. It was not good at all. We settled for the yogurt and made our own toast, the eggs, meat and French toast sticks were just gross.
Now - move to our checkout. My card was charged immediately - not with just a "hold" but for the entire amount. This was not what we are used to - interesting. Went to the front desk and upon arriving - we (there were 4 of us) heard the manager Danny talking to his staff - this was the conversation -
Danny - I want you to immediately check rooms for valuables. You bring them to me and I will hold for 30 days.
Staff member - so - right away without cleaning you want us to check?
Danny - YES - if after 30 days the items have NOT been claimed, then whoever found it gets to keep it. I don't care if it is a $10,000 watch!!

So - my thoughts to this are - do they not have the info for the person that checked into that room? I had to fill out a form when I checked in. Accidents happen, people forget things. You just said that you would "save" them and if they cannot figure out where they left it, then it was yours.

Deplorable actions - and we will NEVER stay here again. Your attitude when I mentioned the conditions was very flippant and you did not care one iota that it was in bad shape. Note to you - there were several rooms vacated Sunday - they were left unlocked and NOT cleaned all night. No wonder they are still dirty -

We will be contacting Corporate as your actions are just unacceptable in this field. I hope that others read this and take heed - you are very dishonest and this place needs new staff (once again).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MomWags
Trek813289, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued guest.

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to us.

We will have a staff meeting and with everyone's input we will see where we need to improve.

Management

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Needs updating in the rooms our door knob needed jiggling to keep it from opening from the hallway(employee told us that) the room was smelly. Location was nice though right off the interstate easy to find

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Trek813289, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Smertz,

I am pleased you stayed with us and left us your review. As you found our free extended hot breakfast is the best in the area, Our indoor heated pool and spa are a blessing.

I will share this with my front desk staff, my clean team and maintenance staff so they can address any issues you may have had.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We settled into our room and relaxed in the pool. Needed a relaxing night, from traveling. I like that it is not huge hotel so its a an easy walking distance from parking to our room and with a small one being on level 1 it was prefect. My daughter slept well & I did too. It was nice to wake up to the smell of breakfast and the hot food was tasty and a full room of other travelers. We were able to swim before we left again. I liked the Book Library and my daughter took 2 children books at night time & we returned at check in time. I would stay here again and told the staff Thank you ! They work hard on such a busy Friday and into weekend.

Dear Steph,

I will share this with my front desk staff, my clean team and maintenance staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Trek813289, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Very friendly staff. I was disappointed that I was not told at check-in that the pool and hot tub were out of order. That is something that should be mentioned before checking in if you are looking forward to a good swim or just relaxing in the hot tub. The staff was very understanding that I did let them know that my husband had a medical condition, that the hot tub makes his feet feel good. They understood my situation and upgraded us to a Jacuzzi Jacuzzi suite which was really nice.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Trek813289, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Jodi, thank you for a great review. I will share it with my team.

I am glad they upgraded you to a superb room.

Our pool and spa was getting some repairs done and are now up and running.

I hope to see you again.