All reviews pool area poolside room kids eat free kids play nice size regular pool bit dated old style beds were very comfortable alexandria area front desk clerk nice stay court stephanie interstate mn minnesota
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The pool had dirt in the bottom and there was a brown slime all around the water level.
For the price of the room, there should be a free continental breakfast and the floors in the pool area were dirty.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Karen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

We will certainly be looking into the items mentioned. We regularly clean and check the water items in the pool area. Sorry for your issues.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

The Holiday Inn was clean and quiet. I would stay at it again if the restaurant associated with it had treated us better. We had a reunion of the female cousins coming from a variety of places. We choose to go into Rudy’s Redeye Grill, in the Holiday Inn and eat while waiting for everyone to come. We did a lot of giggling and laughing while reconnecting. The restaurant was quite empty. No one used offensive language and no alcohol was involved. We didn’t have an indication that our waitress or anyone except maybe one couple in the restaurant was bothered by our talking or laughing.

After being out all day, we came back and ate in the restaurant about 10:00 that evening. We were exhausted and I think relatively quiet. No one had a drink that evening.

Sunday morning, we came done to the restaurant to eat. The waitress or hostess was putting tables together when they all of a sudden they went to the bar section and started to put those tables together. We had 2 people with physical disabilities that can’t get up on a bar stool so a couple of us went to talk to the staff. At that point, they were told that there was complaints about our party the day before and they were not willing to seat us in the restaurant area. Once again, the restaurant was extremely empty so it was not a case of not being able to accommodate us, it was an unwillingness to to seat 9, well behaved, middle aged women because they laughed and giggled while catching up with each other the day before. I have never been that humiliated before. Having staff tell us that if we couldn’t get up on the stools, they were not able to serve us was awful.

I have always considered Holiday Inn as a family friendly place. There was not a single child in the restaurant. That tells me something is drastically wrong.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I am very sorry to read this post. Please do not hesitate to contact Rick, GM of Rudy's Redeye Grill, or myself to discuss, if you wish. We can be reached at 320-763-6577.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Went here with my wife for a mini getaway. Was surprised and got my room upgraded for no extra charge. Stephanie was the front desk clerk and treated us like true guests. The pool area, arcade, and property were very nice and clean. Didn't care for the restaurant as much, as I had bad service there. Holiday inn hotels have always been amazing when I go to them. I highly recommend this one of you're in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with our restaurant. If you would like to speak to me directly, please contact me at the hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I love this hotel. For a person who is on the road 100 plus days a year, it is nice to have a list of hotels where you can stay and have amazing service and a nice hotel. I see the reviews about this hotel saying it needs to be updated. Really where? No offense, but people who stay in hotels once maybe twice a year tend to feel the need to nit pick every little thing. I see the inside of hundreds of hotels over the course of a year and I am telling you this one is nice. Service is always amazing, room are spotless. Beautiful bar/restaurant and very attentive staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Karen B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy you enjoy spending time with us. We hope that everyone feels like we are their home while traveling.
Take care. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Our family had a reservation and stayed at the hotel this past Tuesday evening. We checked into our room about 8:00 p.m., and discovered the bathroom had not been cleaned, as there was a used bar of soap with HAIR all over it left in the shower. We called the front desk, and they apologized and found us another room. As I was getting ready Wednesday morning, I saw something balled up on the floor beneath the suitcase rack. When I poked at it with my foot, I discovered it was a pair of thong underwear, NOT MINE, that had been left there from the guests before us. This was our second room, and clearly this one had not been properly cleaned either. When I went to the front desk to report this latest incident, the woman asked me what I thought was fair compensation. I told her I didn't want to pay for the room at all, because if I would have discovered those the night before, we would have left the hotel. I never would have let them find us a THIRD room that had probably not been cleaned either. She wouldn't agree, and offered a 50% discount, asking me if I was satisfied with the rest of the cleanliness in the room. WHAT? I just wanted to get out of there. I took the 50% discount and left. This place was gross, and I would never stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family