See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2018

staff is very rude....rooms are disgusting..room service never comes around....staff LIES to keep your deposit...stayed here for 12 weeks and staff refused our deposit....WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE

Room Tip: NO Good rooms
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINN-MI399, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Freddy Asmar
General Mannager
rodeway inn
1-248-370-8100

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My wife and I live in metro Detroit and I will make sure that everyone I come in contact with does not give this place their money. The assistant manager was very rude, my wife and I got a room that is the furthest from the office, drive our vehicle to our room and unload our things. We head into the room to a horrible smell, stains all over the carpet, heat on full blast and not working properly. We decided that we would not stay here and after putting our things back in the car and driving back to front office, I proceeded to tell Selena, the assistant manager, that we were not happy with it and did not want to stay here. She then proceeded to talk to her co worker and then come over and tell me that I cannot give you a refund but could get me a different room. I told her with the condition the room was in I cannot see another room being any better and that we would like a refund and we will go somewhere else. She then tells me that there will be no refund and that i was over my 10 minutes to check out the room. I then told her that I am not going to pay for a room in that condition that I did not stay in and wasnt away from the office for more than 20-25 mins. The so called assistant manager then proceeded to argue with me when I asked for a copy of the document I signed and she said they are not allowed to do that. " Your not allowed to give me a copy, of a document I signed and initialed. She just kept arguing and trying to push me out the door and call the manager on Monday. I said , I am not leaving without my refund, i am not going to pay for a room in that condition and one I did not stay in. She eventually made me a copy of document, gave me managers card, and told me to call him on Monday. SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. Will never stay at a choice hotel/ rodeway inn. Lost my business for good.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE, you will regret it !
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Room was smelly. Carpet had stains all over. Holes in comforter. Toilet paper in toilet and when i flushed it water went everywhere even under the wall into the bed area.Manager gone for a week! Staff was friendly. A/C was filthy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I have stayed in budget hotels in some of the poorest countries in the world and they all outshine this one. When we got in to the room, we could clearly smell cigarette smoke, despite the obvious NO SMOKING sign on the door. We looked in the bathroom and there were cigarette ashes on the floor. This means that either the staff was smoking in the room or they didn't bother to clean up the obviously huge ashes on the floor. Either way, this was unacceptable. We complained to the front but all they could offer was to spray the room, which didn't happen, at least when we were there. The carpets were FILTHY. Red carpet with a lot of black stains. No tissue in the room at all, which I guess would be a luxury for this place. Coming back after a show at The Palace, I decide to have a shower; guess what? NO SHOWER CURTAIN! Oh well, maybe have a bath; NO STOPPER! Decided to sleep, bed feels like it will cave in. We woke up as early possible and got out of that miserable excuse for a hotel as fast as was possible. I have never had such a bad experience in a hotel. My small children hated it as well, referring to it as "dumb" for not having basic amenities. Oh yes, they did have Wifi, but I believe the Flintstones had faster speeds and that didn't consistently stop working. I wish I had read the reviews for this place first; what an absolute waste of time and money. Please do check my other reviews and see that I am easy to please and I am not a consistently unhappy reviewer. AVOID THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vevey2016
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I made the mistake of staying here after a concert at Pine Knob/DTE Energy Music Theatre. We only live an hour away, but my office is around the corner, so I just wanted a place to crash after a late night followed by an early morning at work. We have stayed at comparably-priced motels all over the country for a few hours of sleep while on road trips. I would say 80% are clean and comfortable for a quick night’s rest. That’s what I was expecting. I wasn’t expecting resort accommodations, just clean and cheap.

First, there was a problem booking online. I went through the Rodeway web site so I could get a military discount. I made a typo entering my credit card info and that part of the form reset. All of the rest of my info (name, address, etc.) stayed on the form, just the CC box reset . . . or so I thought. Turns out the web page changed the check in date to the current day (I was trying to make a reservation for the following day). So, when I tried to check in the following day, I was told I was a no-show the night before and my card had been charged. I’ll take some responsibility, but the online form should not have changed the date! I recreated the scenario online, just to prove to myself that I wasn’t crazy, and it happened again. So, I really had no choice but to pay for a second night, and they refused to honor the advertised military discount.

We checked in and went to the concert without entering our room. When we arrived in the room after the show (about 11:30pm) and were met with a wall of cigarette smell. It was horrible. I went to the front desk to report the smell and was met with indifference and a comment that there were no other rooms available. I wanted it noted that we reported the smell, we do not smoke, and I did not want to be charged a cleaning fee. The desk person said, “OK”. I asked for something in writing. She scribbled on the back of a business card and gave it to me.

The bathroom counter and mirror were filthy and we had about 1/8 of a roll of toilet paper, no extra roll, and no tissues. There wasn't even a coffee pot in the room and the clock was unplugged. I bet it has been 10 years since I've been in a hotel/motel room (at any price point) without a coffee pot. The tub surround was moldy. It was gross. I took a shower, then took about 10 steps in the room in my bare feet and by then the bottom of my feet were filthy. It was that bad.

You can see 3-4 other hotels from the Rodeway driveway. Spend the extra $30-50 to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Go to the Quality Inn next door, or the Courtyard down the street!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple