“Best hotel stay we have ever had!!!”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dowagiac, Michigan, United States
“Best hotel stay we have ever had!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My family stayed at the Sheraton Hotel- Ann Arbor last weekend (3/16/11).  I stopped in to the front desk to tell the Manager before we left:  IT WAS THE BEST HOTEL STAY WE HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!   Our son plays baseball for EMU, so we spend many nights in hotels and never have we had such a home like/welcoming experience.
            The room was “perfect”—it had every single thing I needed available.  The room was spotless (something I am very over the top about), the bed was perfect, including the blankets and pillows!  Every single “staff” person I passed in the hall or elevator said hello and smiled! The 6th floor lounge was perfect!  My husband enjoyed watching basketball in the lounge while I watched a movie in the room!  I enjoyed the work out room—had everything I needed!  The pool was nice, (room was a little too hot for me, but the weather is doing crazy things to all of our plans).  Amazing!
            All of that perfection for a reasonable price!!  Way to go team Sheraton!!!!  I have made my reservations for this weekend all ready, and look forward to the stay!  We will be your guests for most weekends these next few months—(all home EMU baseball games)!!
            Thank you again for a wonderful stay, atmosphere and team!  See you this weekend!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to stay on the 6th floor!! Worth it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Anne S,

Thanks again for your business loyalty and taking time to share your praise and recommendation of our beautiful hotel and wonderful staff! We all appreciate the kind words a great deal.

We look forward to serving you and your family throughout baseball season. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at any time.

Hospitably yours,
Steve-

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while in town with our dog. They were welcoming, friendly. It is a very clean newly renovated hotel. We booked a two room suite. Had a sitting room and bedroom. It was perfect. There was a large fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We had breakfast each morning in the restaurant. They had an omelette bar and plenty of choices on the buffet. It was exactly what we wanted, expected and hoped for. If we are back in town we will stay here 100%. plenty of grass and safe sidewalks to walk the dog so it was perfect. Quiet area and lots of restaurants nearby. Great stay!

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank cormarToronto
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear cormarToronto,

Thanks very much for your business and taking time to comment on your experience here at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel!

I appreciate your kind words and recommendation a great deal and look forward to serving you again soon.

If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Hospitably yours,
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Ann Arbor for business. This is one of the nicest non-resort Sheraton's I have ever stayed at. It was recently renovated and it felt very much like a smaller more intimate Westin. Great Gym with brand new machines. The rooms had nice new modern furnishing including Flat Screens. I had a club level room, and the access to the club lounge for snacks/refreshments is always a great option. It is about 10 minutes from the Michigan campus, so if you are visiting family at the University, or for business purposes, this is a very nice option in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Waitingforvacation
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Waitingforvacation,

Thank you for selecting us and taking time to share your praise and recommendations - I appreciate both a great deal!

Hope to see you back with us soon. Please call on me if I may be of service in the meantime.
Warmly,
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good food, a bar with a great selection (single malts - yay!), and pretty up-to-date rooms with power outlets and all that modern travelers need when away from home.

Was there for a conference, and those rooms are appropriately separated from high-traffic areas so you can have workshops and meetings in peace.

Worth the stay, for sure.

Room Tip: South side rooms are on the parking lot, but there is no noise level at all from that. If you like t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear nitw,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I greatly appreciate the feedback and your endorsement of our efforts!

We hope to serve you again soon - If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me.
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Quite a snobby hotel...and it's a Sheraton! Service is snobby and unresponsive. Amazingly, this hotel does not provide free upgrades to SPG Platinum and Gold members, although other hotels within the SPG family including St. Regis and Luxury Hotel all have provided me with upgrades in the past. However, the almighty Sheraton cannot provide upgrades.

New renovation was okay, but to be fair, is what you would expect from a Sheraton (especially those in the U.S. that have been renovated in the past couple of years). Not as spectacular as some of the other reviews have made it sound. It's consistent relative to expectations.

But the biggest issue is still the snobby service attitude, especially for the rate this hotel charges.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RNG1008
Dear RNG1008,

Thanks for your business and valuable feedback on your recent experience with us.

I am truly sorry we were unable to offer you an upgrade - it's not that we don't provide them we simply have very limited Club Level availability and we have to accommodate the paid upgrades before we can offer any complimentary. We created an SPG Floor just for this reason but sometimes run out of availability there as well. We are already working on plans for an additional floor conversion in the near future.

I regret that we came off snobby and can assure you, this is a very sincere Midwestern crew who like me are all very proud of our nine million dollar transformation - we all feel it's nothing short of spectacular!

If there is anything I can do to restore your perception of us, please let me know and I will oblige.
Warmly,