“Dinner”
Review of Logan

Logan
Reserve with OpenTable
Logan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 634 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We sat outside during the summer car show and had excellent people watching.
The food was Fantastic! It truly is NEW Amercan cuisine with a Modern Edge. We started with a glass of wine and the Crab and Avocado appetizer which was an A+. For dinner we had the Salmon, Perch Tempura with delicious citrusy papaya salad and the Thai Scallops. It was all excellent. We were also provided a complimentary tomato soup which was wonderful as well.
The food was good but a little overpriced which is why we won’t be back soon and we gave it a 4.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

On a cool, crisp Michigan evening (at least, that's what 78 degrees felt like after our 90 degree heat wave), my husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Logan. I had a Logan Salad (the garlic chips were delightful), my husband had their salmon spring rolls. For our entrees we enjoyed scallops (me) and saffron ravioli (him). They brought out some savory poppyseed scones with our entrees, and these were delicious--light and flaky, layers of butter and crumb. All was really, really good. And then I had dessert--chocolate mousse with fresh berries and toasted pistachio nuts-amazing!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We were so pleased at our entire dining experience at Logan. From the decor to the service and especially the food - everything was top notch. We started with amazing cocktails that were so refreshing and unique. Then we sampled some appetizers - the cheese trio was amazing and a must order. We also received an amuse bouche from the chef that was a black bean puree soup with fresh chives that was the best ever. Our main courses were all fish dishes and the standout was the Perch Tempura. The short rib was touted by the waiter as a great dish yet it the meat was not tender as expected but it was flavorful. We ordered one chocolate mouse dessert which was enough for everyone to have a taste. We look forward to returning on our next visit to Ann Arbor.

1  Thank sweetmnmama
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Wednesday evening dinner on a friend’s recommendation.

Ambiance is pleasant and classy.
Bourbon fizzy cocktail was delicious and refreshing.
Amuse bouche was ok.
Seafood salad special was a bit bland, and small.

Wild boar pasta (waiter did not comprehend “papardelle con cinghiale” ;-)) was over salted.
Small portion.

Waiter never checked in w me for anything except to take orders, deliver food and remove dishes. He seemed uncomfortable and ill at ease, and could definitely use more training.

Overall, overpriced, mediocre food w small portions. Excellent cocktail. Amateur service.
Forgettable pricey experience.
May give it another shot, but unlikely.

1  Thank 13travellingmike
Reviewed 5 June 2018

During a recent visit to Ann Arbor I had the distinct pleasure of dining at Logan's. I had heard good things during a previous visit, and determined to make my way back there for dinner on my next trip.
We arrived on time for our reservations and were seated promptly at a very nice table for two. The atmosphere was kind of classy, but not snobbish. The full bar was an attractive eye catcher.
Logan's describes their menu as "New American Style". It is a delightful co-mingling of many international cuisines, resulting in a varied array of offerings. You can see an asian flair, a bit of French, some Italian?
We ordered cocktails while we perused the menu. Finally deciding on Pork Dumplings, and Duck Fritters for starters, Wild Boar Bolognese, and Short Ribs Bourguignon for dinner. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive, yet not pushy, the portions were fully adequate, and cocktails were tasty. What more could you ask for.
Good food and service doesn't come cheap, and the bill reflected this, but we knew what we were getting into, and didn't blink at the bill.