“Always great German food and service”

Metzger's German Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 645 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Metzger's German Restaurant was established in 1928 by William and Marie Metzger and Christian Kuhn. It serves a variety of German entrees that include Wiener Schnitzel, German Sauerbraten and Fresh Sauteed Veal Bavaria. It also services prime rib, steak, pork chops, seafood and chicken. Metzger s has a large assortment of beers and wines as well as a variety of specialty drinks. Metzger's is a full-service caterer that will serve and carve food and provide bartender service if needed. Metzger s German Restaurant is located in Ann Arbor, Mich
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I have been to this Restaurant many times and I think I get about the same thing every time I try to be open minded but by the time I order I just have to have the same thing. You pick your favorite it is all good I have actually tried my wife's food so have tried many dishes all very good.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Enjoy German food and to find one that Looks like a German Brau house on the inside and cooks like back there. Enjoyed the Schnitzel. Lunch too bad had to eat light.
Choices are many and service fast and friendly. Clean .

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Great German food. Great service, waitress was super and fast to react. This was a busy place for a Tuesday. It was crowded but we were seated quickly and it was a liittle noisy. As soon as we walked into restaurant, we knew this would be authentic. Tons of steins and a collection of some large and small clocks. It reminded us of a place we went to in Munich. Food dishes were large enough to share as we had to box some to go and noticed we were part of the norm to carry out boxes. The only thing I would have liked was the dark deli mustard although they did give a carousel of light mustard, sweet mustard and horseradish.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

This is an excellent German restaurant. We came here for dinner and ordered the sausage combination platter for two, which besides a few different German sausages, included spaetze, potato salad, cabbage, cucumber salad, and a few other items. Also had a German beer, and overall, just an excellent German meal with good service in a nice enough restaurant. We will be returning soon enough.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I have eaten around the world, let me try again.... I have traveled around the world and eaten a lot... Metzgers was the best German foodI have had OUTSIDE of Germany..... I have the pork hacks (HOLD ON) these were as good and probably better than any pork tender I have ever had. The sauerkraut reminded me of my Grandma making Sunday dinner with a lucky strike in her hand al day. The service was great, the atmosphere early was “grey” but fine... all in all you could save the #delta ticket and just come here... GREAT PLACE.