“They need to step up their tofu game”
Review of Seva Restaurant

Seva Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I'm not a vegetarian, but the friends whom I was visiting are, and I can usually find something on meatless menus that I'm not averse to eating. In this instance, the appetizer-size Caesar Salad was a pleasant surprise; it had an outstanding dressing. However, the Pad Thai entree was a disappointment. Though tofu is notoriously bland, a vegetarian restaurant should be able to jazz it up a bit. There was way too much tofu in this dish, and it was lumpish in texture, with no seasoning to redeem it.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This is my favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor. There are so many delicious sounding things on their menu but it is hard for me to pass up their (vegetarian) Reuben sandwich. I also had a surprisingly tasty peanut kale side salad. My friend was equally happy with her meal.
The service was friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a charm with all of its arty cut glass pieces. The only thing I would add to improve the ambience would be to put some kind of flooring over the concrete.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

The food is OK. There were too many flies in the restaurant. We sat by the front window and the flies were just very annoying. Dont order a martini because they can't make one

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Even us meat eaters love the food there! Very tasty, good variety, reasonable prices and great service.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This vegetarian restaurant was founded in downtown Ann Arbor by Steve Bellock in 1973, after co-founding a similar restaurant in Columbus, Ohio in 1971. Seva means “¿how’s it going?” and I’d say pretty well. Bellock sold it to Maren and Jeff Jackson in 1998. Maren had worked there since 1979. The downtown Ann Arbor location moved to the Westgate Mall west side of town for better parking and lower rent in 2014. The food is uniformly superb although the cocktails are a little stingy. They always have a special soup and delicious homemade desserts. My favorite appetizers are the Shishito Peppers and the Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts. The salads are always fresh and tasty and the entrees to die for. I especially like the Pad Thai, the Black Bean & Sweet Potato Quesadilla, and the Baked Mac & Cheese. They have several vegan selections and if you are a meat eater like me you’ll love the change of pace and never miss skipping meat once in a while.