“Good food in modest setting”
Review of University Cafe

University Cafe
Ranked #361 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Korean
Description: Korean Restaurant Our goal is to serve best Korean food every time. If somehow our services not met with customers expectations please do not hesitate to let us know. We will sincerely correct it. Thank you for dining with us!
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I have eaten here many times and am always happy with the dishes i have tried. This is a small restaurant that is very unassuming. You order at the cash register and food is brought to your table. The portions are large and the food is always fresh and good. There are good descriptions of the different dishes for those unfamiliar with Korean food. I often take a part of my meal home.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Last time I was in this joint was perhaps 18 years ago. The inside is now renovated. The server is no longer the owner. I guess they manage to grow and now hire some students to work part time there.

The menu had grown in variety but I decided to go with the old time favorite: bim bim bap. The food was still as delicious as I remembered it. Definitely great to eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 September 2014

This is an old house with a small family run restaurant. They have spicy dishes and non spice dishes but they can modify any dish. I had the beef dish which was good. My sister had the spicy pork dish. The portions are large. They were very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We eat in or order out from University Cafe almost once a week. UC is a family owned Korean restaurant that has good sized portions and delicious food. It is in an old converted house, wood floors, cafe tables and chairs, and a friendly atmosphere. The patrons are a mix of students, professors, and locals. I lived in Korea for a year (a long time ago!) and this is by far my favorite Korean cafe in town. They are quick making the food too.

Date of visit: September 2012