“Fabulous pulled pork sandwich”
Review of Satchel's BBQ

Satchel's BBQ
Ranked #186 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I've been to Satchel's once or twice before but today was the best experience I've had. I finally realized that you have to be liberal with the sauce to maximize the taste of the sandwiches. The house sauce on top of the pulled pork was magnifique!

Oh, and the young lady at the cash register was very sweet. My sandwich was ready in 30 seconds.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Eaten there several times. Had ribs, brisket, and smoked turkey. I would rate the brisket as some of the better I have eaten. My wife says the turkey is excellent and I think the ribs are OK (not so much the preparation as the quality of the meat at times). The sides are excellent....love the greens! Atmosphere is very basic...typical BBQ joint style. When I need a BBQ fix it does the job.

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

If your looking for a formal dinning exsperiance this ain't the place for you.
Food is ordered & paid for at the counter, served from a hotbar and dumped nonchalantly onto divided plates, for you to carry yourself to communal wooden tables covered with cheap plastic cloths.
The place has a very simple outside Backyard BBQ feel, unfortunately portions are small but the prices charged don't reflect the small portons.
Meats are suppose to be slow cooked over hickory and while you can smell the BBQ in the parking lot, it's not reflected in the taste.
I ordered the pulled pork & Kielbasa combo plate with Mac&cheese / coleslaw and the best thing on my plate was the coleslaw. The corn bread was even bland with very little taste.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

Ordered the rib platter for 2. The ribs were dry as if they had either given us all ends or they had been left out for hours. The "in house" lemonade was overly sweet and insipid. The sides were the best part of the meal. The okra very nice and not too greasy. The potato salad also fresh and good. The macaroni salad bland as in macaroni and mayo. I wouldn't eat here again. There must be better ribs somewhere in town. Like maybe at home.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I previously wrote about this BBQ place. Since then the food quality has dropped a wee bit and prices have edged up. Still worth a trip.