“Dont let them Cater!”

Ron's Roadside Barbeque
Ranked #182 of 634 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Horrible Catering event. I had my wedding in June 2017... food was good, but I would never advise anyone to hire them. Extremely unorganized. We set up an appointment to talk to him about apps for the wedding. He ended up not showing up, so the kid at the counter called him to come in. He stumbled in 15 minutes later, never apologized, and actually never even put it together that we had a meeting. When I asked what apps he does, all I got was..."Well what do you like?"....no prices, no list. He just showed us a picture of an antipasto platter he did for the wedding the night before. We decided to just go ahead and go with him since he was already doing the dinner part...long story short, there were cheese-its on my app table. YES CHEESE-ITS! not happy. We paid for 3 servers, but at the end of the night, the guy in charge told my mother-in-law there was 7 servers and they already left, so he needed to get paid. The buffet table looked bad. For a fancy wedding, I wouldn't expect the food to just be placed on the buffet table in disposable aluminum pans! At least put it in a nice bowl!
And to top it all off...at the end of the night, one of the workers asked my father-in-law if he could "feed his fish" (wedding was at a private residence in Chelsea with a pond). He wanted to dump the BBQ grease in our pond we swim in. Father-in-law told him NO. 20 minutes goes by and he asks again...when again told NO, the man says, "I'm sorry sir, but I've already done it"!!!!
Not pleased with the apps
Not pleased with food presentation
Extremely hard to get a hold of
AND we ended up paying for 4 more people then we were suppose to.
Trust me....everyone I know in the area will be hearing about this...

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been here before so we each ordered something different to get the best variety. The beans were great, I'll try the jambalaya on the next trip, soon. The ribs had a nice bark on them, the brisket could be cut with a fork and the chicken was most and tender. Excellent BBQ, looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Do not plan on a fancy place. Do plan on having some of the best BBQ ever! 4 friends tried this place out and all 4 of us were impressed. We had ribs...amazing...brisket was tender...chicken perfect.Their beans were out of this world. We even had Jambalaya and it was better than what I had in New Orleans!!!

Definitely going back!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This is by far the worse BBQ I have ever had in my life. The brisket was like pot roast with a shot of sauce on it totally bland no seasoning no bark. The pulled pork was like stringy mashed potatoes. The chicken had good initial flavor but was so dried out you about choked trying to get it down. The beans and mac were bland and didn't have any flavor either. I have no idea what this place is doing and obviously they don't either. The place also looks really shotty and only had 1 person working this is a 0 STAR BBQ joint don't waste your money find somewhere else to go.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Great ribs and pulled pork! Quality meat smoked so that juicy meat falls off the ribs. Delicious BBQ sauce.

This place caters too! This would be incredible to have in a box at Michigan Football game.

Owner is french trained chef...Impeccable credentials!

Highly recommended.