“HUGE portions!”

Mama Satto Sushi restaurant
Ranked #370 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We got the regular party combo and were not expecting the HUGE portions we got for the price we paid.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We ordered the Spider Roll and dumplings for appetizers. The soft shell crab didn't really taste fresh. The dumplings seems a little small and 'mushy'. For the main entree, my daughter had the Udon. It looked good but I didn't try. I had the curry with deep fried pork. I did like the curry. Very Chinese/Japanese style curry as oppose to Indian.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I recently grabbed lunch at Mama Satto with mixed results. I ordered the chicken teriyaki bento; which had excellent tempura, fried rice, and miso soup. However, the chicken just wasn't good. It was poorly-trimmed breast meat with cloying sauce. Instead of tipping, they have a 15% service charge. While the service was alright, they miscounted my change and gave me 8 cents instead of 31 cents. It was an odd mistake that really didn't sit well with me. The funky stuff with money was just kind of unseemly, although it wasn't a big problem. Overall, it wasn't a great experience.

1  Thank ATL_Jacket
Reviewed 27 January 2017

My bento platter gave me the opportunity to determine what I especially like at Mama Satto. Between the spicy chicken pieces, fried rice, deep fried vegetables, sushi, and mashed potato ball, I suppose I will opt for more of the meats and vegetables, should I go here again. There was general adequacy, with both food and service. If you want Japanese cuisine in Ann Arbor, this place is quite fine, if not outstanding in the grand scheme of Ann Arbor restaurants.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Ann Arbor is a city for people wanting to try different places to eat. Pretty much any ethnicity and any style of food can be found on a walking tour. So it is very telling that after finding this place recently, we have been here twice in just a few weeks time. The menu has more of a variety than many Japanese restaurants. There are many choices, regardless of your taste. Even someone like me, a non-sushi eating fan of Japanese restaurants is able to find many wonderful choices. It has the feel of many of the restaurants which I frequented while in Japan, from Tokyo to Osaka and Hiroshima.