“Phenomenal affordable sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Ann Arbor. If you are looking for great sushi rolls and sake at an affordable price, this is the place to go! I have been to other sushi places in Ann Arbor that cost way more, and I left much less satisfied! My wife and I have had almost every sushi roll on the menu, and our favorites are the Fire Dragon and the Samurai rolls! The hot sake is a very good choice as well! The only downfall is this place can become very busy for dinner during the school year, but it is totally worth the wait. They do not offer reservations, but do offer a version of call-ahead seating.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

They have so many amazing rolls. The prices are reasonable. And you can sit at the bar and watch them make your sushi. I definitely would recommend coming to this place to either eat in or take out but the food is always amazing.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

My friends and I went there on a Saturday night around 8pm which is primetime and it was extremely busy. The food took over an hour to come to the table, but it was very tasty once we were able to eat. The waiter was nice enough. I ordered a box which was a lot of food for one person and rather pricey, but, hey, I was hungry.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I love the service AND the food at Sadako!
Every time I make the trip down South U to Sadako I love it.

Of course you get the ginger dressing salad and the miso soup before your meal.
Then I order the Salmon Bento; it comes with a small roll, 2 dumplings, tempura veggies and rice, plus a chunk of salmon in some yummy sauce.
It's the perfect combo of all the different flavors I like.

I'm getting hungry, just thinking about it!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

My rating is based on my memories of this place in college, my sister, who ate here today continues to rave, her favorite: the Sunny Roll. However, as a person who cannot eat gluten for medical reasons this was a horrible meal, from start to a 3 bite finish. First, unlike my local sushi restaurant that has a gluten-free ginger dressing for the salad, and a non-miso broth soup, they had neither. I skipped plain lettuce, passing "my" soup and salad to my family. Then to the sushi, they offered the salmon, the tuna and the shrimp were gluten free, and plain. Hats off to the waitress who knew I could not do fried or sauce, but seriously, is it so hard to offer cucumber, avocado or roe, to a girl to go with plain fish? So I order a salmon, and a tuna and its going to be on a separate plate from my family's order. So far, so good.Then they bring the gluten free soy sauce, or at least an empty siracha bottle with a handwritten in sharpie label "gluten-free soy sauce" so I pour a little, and it smells funny. I think that maybe this is not San-J, the Gluten Free brand I am used to, and try it, for one bite, and its not good, I try the other roll, maybe it was the fish? Nope, I run to the bathroom, my guts revolting. I sit, feel a little better, and think maybe I was being paranoid, and try a third. Nope I am done, this is not cross contamination, but direct poisoning, before dinner time I call the restaurant, feeling guilty for not reporting it at the time, and having been too sick to eat anything for lunch or for dinner. They are polite and sorry, but someone in their staff refilled the gluten free, maybe with teriyaki, tamari or something. I appreciate the service, the atmosphere, and the memories, but someone made a mistake and I have been sick, and hopefully I do not have a week of joint flares as a result.

Been to Sadako? Share your experiences!