“Whatever you do in the area, get here for breakfast.”

The Glass Onion Griddle
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Allen Park
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: We specialize in breakfast and lunch made with the freshest ingredients. Our brisket is smoked and our corned beef is roasted in house. We serve 3 types of eggs Benedict and stuffed French toast which is hard to find at other establishments. All of our dishes are made with special care and pride.
Reviewed 22 April 2017

The Glass Onion is a breakfast / brunch spot to not miss. The eclectic turns of the normal breakfast fare are VERY TASTY, opening your taste buds and your eyes.
Family owned and operated with the same pride anyone who cooks takes in their prize dish. The Glass Onion is a spot in downtown Allen Park that should become a MUST stop whenever you can.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Outstanding service food and collected my Free Birthday meal, just sign up on the website, oh what a great feeling from Jennie our super waitress after the very worst Allen Park Micks Bar experience, we went to the very best, been a few times this place never disappoints. Had me favorite Biscuits n Gravy oh Yes we love the Sausage and Smoke Applewood Bacon inside the Gravy a must try. Special super treat Crab Benedict topped with 2 poached Eggs n Hollandaise Sauce OMG explosion of flavor every bite. Had the house special Soup the Glass Onion made with 6 different Onions and topped with melted cheese outrageous I'm so hooked. Owner making the rounds along with Mom even the chef all welcome us ask how everything is. Folks it's not hard to treat your customers great,,, except at Micks Bar .

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Stopped in on a whim for breakfast. The coffee was good and so was the food. I would definitely not hesitate to visit again.

1  Thank neovox
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

The food is a bit pricey here but I understand it's fresh and locally sourced. So I was tolerant of the price. They didn't have anymore of their signature soup so I was unable to try that. That part was disappointing.

Also it's tough to eat here in the winter. The layout of the restaurant really begs for some serious heating at the front door. Every time the door was opened the entire place dropped 10* it seemed. It's a small place and there is nothing that separates the door from the main sitting area. The only way to combat this is with the type of heaters certain stores use above their doors or make everyone go through the back where there is separation.

I would eat here again but perhaps only in the spring/fall/summer months. I'm particular about having to eat with my coat on. It might not bother others as much.

Again good food, a bit pricey for the area but average for this sort of restaurant in a town like Ferndale. The quality for price seem about right. Give it a shot! I hope more places like this come around the area.

1  Thank Robbins1980
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Mom & I had a pleasant lunch here: friendly, (mostly) attentive server was nice enough to let her (senior citizen) get a kids meal. I enjoyed my tomato bisque soup with 1/2 club sandwich (carved turkey & crisp bacon, as requested). HATED the big juicy pickle on the plate next to my dry chips & sandwich--I REALLY wish restaurants would stop this! How hard is it to ask if I want a pickle instead of wasting food? At least wrap it in wax paper so it doesn't leak onto my other food...
Mom said the bathrooms were clean & she liked the artwork. One negative: when the main door opens, you'll be blasted with cold air between November and April. Wish they had later hours so we could come for dinner; we're rarely in the area at lunch time, but if we are, we would return.

1  Thank KandRC