“Great Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Shish Palace

Shish Palace
Ranked #27 of 89 Restaurants in Allen Park
Reviewed 21 June 2015

The meal started with warm bread, a garlic dip and a tomato dip. The garlic dip was tasty but the tomato dip was unique - something I had not had before at a middle eastern restaraunt - and very tasty full of spices and served cold. I ordered an appetizer combo and lamb combo plate. The appetizer plate included Hummus, Baba Ghannooj and Tabbouli. The hummus was silky smooth with great flavor. The baba ghannooj was the best I've had, smoky and lemony. The tabbouli was also good. The lamb plate included kafta, grape leaves, fried kibbee and lamb pies. The kafta had a wonderful wood grilled flavor and was wonderfully seasoned. The grape leaves were tightly rolled and tasted great. The fried kibbee was slightly spicy and filled with almonds and ground meat. The lamb pies were small - about 3 inches square - and tasty. I love big meat pies but the size was perfect on a sampler plate. The lamb combo plate was served with salad or soup and rice or fries. We opted for salad and rice. The two combo plates were more than enough food for two people. We ended up taking a good amount of food home. The waiter was friendly, attentive and courteous. We have favorite restaurants in Dearborn but were looking for a location close to where we were staying. We were pleased to find such a treasure. I only wish we lived closer to get the opportunity to eat there often.