“Best pizza in town”

Papa Romano's Pizza & Mr Pita
Ranked #65 of 90 Restaurants in Allen Park
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Description: Papa Romano's Pizza & Mr Pita follows the tradition of Papa Romano, originated in 1970, making homemade dough, fresh every day; and still use Papa's original Pizza sauce recipe made with a secret blend of herbs and spices. We offer sit-down, carry out, delivery, and catering.
Reviewed 17 February 2015

First time having pizza from here, as I just moved to town here. The food was amazing, the staff was very polite and friendly. Will be on my speed dial!

1  Thank Bigblockchevys
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The food is great here. Best tasting pizza in the area. Whether doing a delivery or pickup they are always late. Sometimes really late.

2  Thank ZoltanM4
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I are avid Pizza consumers - I particularity like Papa Romano's for their quality in their pizza. However their inadequacy for service hurts their quality tremendously.
We had 3 bad experiences - 1 of which was during a holiday so we overlooked the late delivery and the poor quality. The second opportunity was due to a driver breakdown (So we were told)
However after the latest and greatest I can only surmise that the second opportunity excuse was bog-gist.
So last week we ordered our pizza at 7:09 pm - around 8 pm my wife called the store and asked what was taking so long - she was informed by the manager that they were extremely busy and all their drivers were out, and our order would be delivered within 10 min. My wife called again at 8:15 pm asking where our order was, the Manager at the store advised it should be any minute. My wife went on to say its been over an hour I hope its not cold. At which the Store Manager responded with "Well what do you expect us to do about it" - If you don't want it - send it back. Needless to say my wife was appalled at the rude response and responded with - "All i was going to say is next time can you please advise if it would be more than an hour" ... at which the Store Manager responded with "Well your out of our delivery area anyway". At that point my wife just hung up the phone. At 8:21 pm our Pizza showed - the driver was extremely polite and apologetic. I said wow you must be really busy tonight - She responded not really its just me.

With that i tipped the driver and away she went....So my curiosity got the best of me so i ran a map quest to see how far the store was from our house and i was besides myself when i saw it was 0.4 miles (6 Minutes) - WTH? - The first thing i thought was - The store Manager said we were out of their delivery area! and then falsified the store being so busy they couldnt make delivery.

I emailed corporate about this incident and i am actually surprised - its been 8 Days and I havent heard from them either. So - Papa Ramonos thats the last you will hear from us.

FYI to Locals and Visitors - Your better off with another Store Chain...

Too Bad!