See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2017

The only thing I can rescue of this hotel is a nice view. We arrived in a very cold night and for our surprise there was no heating. They brought as an electric machine to heat the room...The rooms are very disrepair. The restaurant dishes aren´t so bad, but they took an hour and a half to bring them, and we were alone! Free wi-fi was terrible, didn´t work at all.The Hotel needs a refurb, badly!!!

Room tip: Not recommendable
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I stayed in the Gala when it first opened in 1993 and it was one of the top hotels in Vina Del Mar at that time. Returning more than 20 years later it's sad to see the hotel is exactly the same as it was back in the nineties. There has been no decorating or maintenance over the years from what I could tell, the furnishings, bar and restaurant are in very poor condition, quite messy looking and doesn't add to the sense of comfort. That said the staff were efficient (rare in this part of the world), the bedrooms are clean and domestic staff are helpful, and the restaurant food is very good, if not a bit on the expensive side for the overall appearance of the place. The Hotel Gala is in an excellent location between the older main shopping street of Vina del Mar, and the newer area of Calle St. Martin which has developed a wide variety of restaurants. It's within stepping distance of the Casino, the Beach and just a few minutes drive to the coastal resort of Renaca.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 7 March 2017

No where near 4 star standard but the staff very friendly and helpful (I do have fluent Spanish which may have been a help). I got a lovely room on a corner with a balcony and views to everywhere - came complete with its own seagull alarm clock, which was good as there was no clock in the room, no tea/coffee making facilities, shower over the bath and all looking a bit weary. Breakfast was fine except for the coffee and the meals otherwise OK except for Sunday night when service was non-existant. Seemed very family-friendly.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Uh, the hotel is rundown immensely and should be closed. They wanted close to $200 U.S. a night? The rooms were in such disrepair. Carpets were black in the corners. Mold. Our table in our room was broken. I think the owners are just letting the clock run out on this hotel.

There are two towers in the hotel, but the elevators for tower B are completely sealed off and shut down. So you have to go to the very top floor (14) then take a bridge across to the other tower, then haul your luggage down stairs, winding down.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We were there previous to Xmas and the entire experience was like the title, lack of kindness at the front desk (the lady asked for some id and to complete the check in form even for kids and a baby!), lack of cleaning (my baby ended with his little feet almost in black walking barefoot in our room), lack of concern about the passengers ( the 14th floor where I was staying was without light and was very dangerous) and many other things.
The good thing were the service staff, just perfect, they assist me with the baby's food and other details that I really appreciate. The pool was nice too.
I would go back? Clearly will not be my first choice in viña del mar

Date of stay: December 2016