“Truly delicious Japanese!”
Review of Katana

Katana
Ranked #50 of 10,109 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Beneath ambient lighting with a hip and stylish vibe, Katana brings to life robatayaki style cuisine, expertly blending sleek Japanese tradition and modern fare.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It’s been quite some time since I’ve had the patience to write a proper review. This one called for it.

Set at the bottom of Burj Khalifa, attached to the fountain, it’s surprisingly easy to get to the this restaurant. I’m an avid Japanese food lover and have tried all options in town. I have to say, Katana is at par with it’s contemporary competitors at the Atlantis and DIFC which are my favourites. We went for the friday brunch. The spread was amazing. The quality and food was just outstanding with innovative small bites served in abundance.

Each and every item was lip smacking delicious and so were the cocktails. Ambience was amazing.

The service staff were super friendly and wel behaved, which is a rarity in most places these days. A special mention for Carl, who made the experience, one to remember.

RECOMMENDED!!

Mark C, General Manager at Katana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Ritesh,

WOW !! we are so humbled by your review and truly appreciate your feedback. Its words of this nature by an appreciative, knowledgeable guest that makes this industry so rewarding. We strive to not only much the places you've mentioned but to surpass them in all aspects. We truly are an up and coming brand and aspire to be the very best. I am delighted you enjoyed our Red Sun Brunch and that Carl (Trip Advisor Superstar) assisted in making your experience a memorable one.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly for your next booking at mark@katana-dubai.com Once again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved everything we ordered. The restaurant was a bit quiet for our liking but the food, presentation abs service duly made up for it. The dancing fountains as a backdrop are a definite plus... if only we saw more diners around... I hope it fills up soon, coz it certainly ought to be more popular

Dear Parveen

Thank you for your complimentary feedback and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I am delighted your experience was enjoyable and even more so that you made mention of our Service which is something we really pride ourselves in. I couldn't agree with you more that being busy is much better but I think we are experiencing a really early summer this year and that's causing a reduction in footfall in the entire adjacent area. Nonetheless we are a growing restaurant and trust with more feedback like yours, we will soon reach the heights we aspire to.

Once again Thank You and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Decent food , excellent view , attentive staff.
Enjoyed laser show on Burj HalifaTower
Good choice of dishes and excellent bar

1  Thank balapan18

Dear Balapan

Thank you for visiting us at Katana Dubai and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we trust to see you real soon again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Scrumptious Japanese cuisine. Excellent variety of vegetarian dishes, perfectly suiting my diet. Spectacular ambience and hospitality.

Dear Hussein,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. In todays health conscious age it is important to be able to cater to all dietary requirements and we definitely tick all the Veggie boxes and am delighted you got to enjoy the food and experience the wonderful ambience and hospitality.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I invited some friends to Katana and our evening was wondeful. We ordered the salmon carpaccio and other appetizers to share and everyone loved every dish! The main courses were also fantastic. We were lucky enough to be seated on the terrace and the great food and breathtaking view just made for a delightful evening.

Mark C, General Manager at Katana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Lara,

Thank you for having chosen Katana Dubai to dine at and then for also taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and especially that our food was enjoyed by everyone. Couldn't agree with you more, the view is just plain Spectacular. We trust you will be back soon. We offer an amazing Wednesday Ladies Night - "Bubbles, Bites & Beats" . For AED100pp you receive 2 glasses of bubbles or grapes, including a selection of Sushi & Robata Skewers.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact me directly for bookings at mark@katana-Dubai.com