“Blocking credit limit from credit card”
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #57 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
espoo
“Blocking credit limit from credit card”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I spent one week at the hotel with my family in February 2012. We had paid our hotel rooms (3 pcs) in advance before the journey. When we checked in, the front desk officer wanted to block 3000 dirhams from my credit card to cover the possible credit losses if we order services on room charge and leave the hotel without paying the charges.

After four days stay i got a message through the TV to contact the front desk as soon as possible, which i did. The problem was that we had purchased services for over the 3000 dirhams on room charge and the hotel wanted to block more credit limit from my credit card. I did not accept this because this is not an international practice at hotels. I promised not to consume any more at the hotel and if so, to pay cash from there on.
Such suspicious hotel is not a five star hotel as they advertise them self to be and I promise not to stay at this hotel any more.
Mikko from Finland.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne S
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel.

We apologize for the incovenience you have experienced during your stay. However,the blocking of credit card is mandatory and is a common practice of any hotels in the UAE. Since you have booked 3 rooms and exceeded the minimum amount blocked in your card for extra charges, we have no option but to block more amount in your credit card as a guarantee from our side.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing this matter with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Annecy, France
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Having tried several hotels in Dubai, this hotel is risk free in terms of service, location, food.
I found they offer a very good compromise with different restaurants of good quality, late breakfast (until 11AM), the JBR location is great as you have about 200 shops & restaurants in walking distance. All rooms have sea view. The staff is friendly & there is always someone to help you. The cleaning service is very efficient. They have a nice gym, Pool is often in the shadow because of buildings around. There is a direct access to the beach thanks to a special lift. This is not a private beach but there is no hotel nearby with private beaches.
They also offer fruit platter...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights - what a fantastic experience. Stayed in a Club Rotana room on the 22nd - beautiful room with balcony and sea view. Check in and check out at the hotel were effortless. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Club lounge was great with free wifi and the added benefits of breafast, drinks and evening canapes. Hotel is located on the beach. Ate at the hotels Italian restaurant 2 evening - food was excellant.
Housekeeping and cleanliness are too a very high standard and good quality toileteries provided in the Bathrooms.
Would definately return to this hotel if in Dubai again. I could not fault my experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Rotana Room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RDE411
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 February 2012

OK, simple question: what do you get if you take a 5 star hotel from one of the biggest investors in Dubai, put it smack on the beach, add a great restaurant run by an Italian Chef and next load the whole place with tons of the best of Indian, Pakistan, African and Philippine staff? Right: Amwaj Rotana Hotel on Dubai's Jumeira Beach. Great rooms, well equipped bathrooms, nice beds, 50 TV channels from all over the world, high speed internet (although at a price), great view, nice pool, beautiful terrace, silent airco, perfect gym and with all the services you'd expect from a hotel of this standing. And still reasonably prices. Couldn't get any better!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marc66
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and reviewing our hotel.

I sincerely appreciate your comments and we are extemely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yoy comments will be shared with all concerned departments.

We hope to see you again soon and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

coventry
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My second stay at the Amwaj Rotana, and it was every bit as enjoyable as the first.
I had a Club Rotana room on the 10th floor. Once again the highlight of my stay was the club lounge and all the privileges that go with that. All staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful, but I must mention in particular all the club lounge personnel. They were so charming and efficient from the people at reception to the boys and girls who served at table. It was a pleasure meeting them.
My room was large and well equipped with all amenities. One observation was that housekeeping seemed to service my room at a strange time. I was out of my room from about 0800hr to 1600hr every day, but it was not made up until around 1700hr. I did question this with the housekeeping boys, but maybe something got lost in translation. It was not a big problem, but I think "Please Make Up Room " tags to hang on the outside door handle may be a good idea.
Breakfasts in the Club Lounge were superb, with eggs to order, and a good selection of everything. I ate once in Rosso and twice in Horizon and the food was fine, but of course there are loads of restaurants just around the corner from the hotel on the Walk. I liked the Kurkoman Restaurant just over the bridge. It specialised in Peshawar/Baluchistan/Afghan food, but basically it served great curries, with friendly service at not great prices!
Some reviewers complain about the waits for elevators. This was not a problem for me. But I was on vacation and never in that much of a rush!
Amwaj Rotana has a great location in Jumeirah. One of my reasons for choosing to stay there was its proximity to Emirates Golf Club, which was just two stops away on the superb Dubai Metro.
All in all - a great week and I would stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Go for a Club Rotana room - well worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank marinerCoventry
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and reviewing our hotel.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Duba