“Smooth”

Ranked #34 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Copenhagen
“Smooth”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Smooth, well run and efficient hotel, with good food and spacious well-appointed rooms - but far from everything else. The meeting facilities are excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear “GregorCopenhagen”,

I am delighted to learn that you had a good time during your recent stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you especially for commending the “good food and spacious and well-appointed rooms”. Our Event Centre is definitely one of the highlights of the hotel and I am glad to know that you found the facilities here to be “excellent”.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My experience at Intercontinental Hotel Festival City was an enjoyable, comfortable, relaxing stay. The staff in the Hotel where very helpful, polite and friendly and always paid attention to your needs. The Concierge service was excellent. House keeping was fantastic. The rooms are modern, but of an average standard for its 5 star rating, The Hotel has a nice outdoor pool area. The Hotel is also joined to a shopping mall down stairs with plenty of shopping oulets, restaurants and a marina. I would have to recommend this hotel to visitors coming to dubai. I will also return when im back in Dubai.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear “Seth A”,

It is very pleasing to know that you had an “enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing stay” at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Many thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I am so glad to know that you appreciated our “helpful, polite and friendly” colleagues and found the shopping mall and pool area convenient during your stay. Thanks so much for recommending it to other guests. I really do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Riyadh
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I found the level of service of the staff excellent. The Concierge service was very good, resolving my questions and organising some of my more off piste trips for me.
Service in my room was very good and housekeeping were on the ball. The outside pool area was very well kept and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A room with a Creek view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “David S”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our hotel, in particular the “excellent level of service and staff”. Our Concierge team is indeed highly commended by most of our guests and I am glad to know that your concerns were addressed by them. Thank you so much for appreciating the level of service by housekeeping as well. This will definitely be shared with the team.

I look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to the hotel.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while on business. Both service and facilities were outstanding. The room was extremely spacious with, including a couch and a great view of Dubai. The breakfast, the best choice I have ever seen. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear “worldman1”,

I am delighted to learn that you had an “excellent” stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City on your business trip. Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am indeed glad that you found the service and facilities “outstanding” and the “extremely spacious room” made your stay even more comfortable. Your comment about the variety of choices available at breakfast will definitely be shared with our Food & Beverage team and appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently went on a holiday to Dubai with my wife and 4 year daughter! We chose InterContinental Festival City simply because almost all other good hotels were sold out or exhorbitantly expensive! Little did I know that I was choosing a fantastic hotel with a great location! We were happy with the checkin speed and the hotel staff were always smiling and very courteous! As we were a family of 3, we were given a complimentary upgrade which went a long way in making our holiday wonderful. The hotel is next to the Festival City Mall in Dubai and the buildings are inter-connected. So, no worroes about shopping as its all next door! The room was very clean and spacious. Just one area where the hotel can do better is breakfast which was a slight letdown considering the hotel brand. Overall, a great hotel and we thoroughly loved the experience!

Room Tip: If you are a family with a kid, try requesting for a free room upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ayaz A
Dear “Ayaz A”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a most complimentary review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am very pleased to know that you found our location very convenient and that you were pleased with the quality of service provided by our team. Indeed the adjacency of the shopping mall is a feature that most of our guests commend. I have taken your feedback regarding the breakfast quality into consideration and rest assured will take the necessary steps to improve this.

Once again, I’m pleased to know that your family and you enjoyed the stay at our hotel. We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back.