“If you insist they treat you well”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #221 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Nice, France
“If you insist they treat you well”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We arrived there with seven hrs delay, had sent a mail to the hotel to keep our rooms, they confirmed by mail that they hold them but they had sold them and the hotel was fully booked when we arrived 8:00am in the morning instead of the night before.
They wanted to gibe my partner a room (chamber) in the business center with a bed and me a suite with a surcharge. I refused the surcharge and they accepted and my biz partner also got a suite that afternoon.
Big and spacey, the hotel is a bit far away from the center and the walk to the metro is 15 - 20 min's rather than the 5 mentioned on the net.
All in all, eventually a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, do not book anything at the end of the corridor on the third floor: Attent...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HermJP
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina.

We are delighted to know that eventually you had a good experience in our hotel. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly at walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TAMANI Hotel Marina in the near future.

Walid Al-Awa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great hotel ,,I booked 2 bed room apartment ,nice living room with dinning table Huge room,very clean, you can see very good view of dubai and very good location..all the staff are friendly and helpful ..definitely ,,I will say "YES" to go to
this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank welli d
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I booked a studio apartment in this hotel but what I got was a jaw dropping experience. Checking in was not a hassle as it can be in some hotels. When I opened the door to my room I was shocked to see that I had been upgraded to a suite. I could not believe what I got for the price I paid. This hotel does not serve liquor which might be dissapointing to some but I was happy that I chose the Tamani Hotel in the Dubai Marina. At first I thought that I would be too far from everything but once I got in a cab I realized how cheap it is to get around in Dubai. Everywhere I wanted to go was 15-20 minutes away. The hotel staff was very friendly and they even helped me book a Desert Safari which was amazing. Some claim that this not a 5 star hotel but that did not stop me from booking with them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Dubai. This hotel made my stay in Dubai an extrodinary experience as I felt like royalty in that suite that could most likely fit my entire family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 for 7 nights on business. Hotel is located 10 minutes from beach, half hour from centre of Dubai, 40 minutes from airport. Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Restaurant is pleasant, although we only used it for coffees. Lifts were fast and plentiful. We booked two of their single studio rooms. Rooms were dated but clean and fine for what we wanted - just somewhere to put our head down each night. Unfortunately the studio rooms are situated right above the garage, and the smell in the corridor leading to the rooms is like walking through the engine room of a ship. Very strong fumes and constant smell of diesel. Fortunately smell did not permeate into the rooms. It's a shame, as the smell spoiled what would otherwise have been a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere bar the studio rooms!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Learn from my mistake... I had to book a room in Dubai but was "late" as I booked 7 weeks ahead of time using Expedia, the 4 star Tamani Hotel Marina. Normaly I take a Marriott but the Tamani was only a 3rd of the price and I thought to smart. Reading the rates at the Expedia I should had have doubts as a +/-20% complained at a 4/10 while others reported roughly 8/10, my mistake to believe the last group.

The receptionists are all lovely but not really smart/honest. Knowing the negative rating from a few guests I told them I would not be pleased with a room they stayed in. That was not the case they told me, but what they gave me?

Room 301, white stone dirty floor, I think 15 square meter bedroom and 6 in the bathroom. Airco blew air but not cold, separate water heating system for the shower, noisy above imagination. I thought not to complain and just enjoy this hell hole however the whole night I could hear people so clearly if they where next to me. Also they where working with loud machinery and I could hear cars. On top of that the smell of food, the whole night! The morning after I complained and asked another room but sort fully booked. Night number two, same story and I stated my Indiana Jones adventure on floor #3. At 11pm I found out that my floor was next to a big separation door and behind this unlocked door in the hallway there was a car parking....it seemed that the first 3 floors of the building where originally build as a car-park but they changed that to rooms however not all. Dangerous, against any safety regulation I can think of and not the last not really a comfortable location for any guest you would say? I ventilated my anger to the reception desk but no way that I got another room, fully booked sir! Next morning I complained again and asked for the duty manager, not on duty, sorry sir please call us after 9. So I did but after 15 minutes talking to every member of the reception desk they understood I was not pleased and got the director on the phone. He apologized and arranged to provide me another room on the same floor. #326, same price but 50 sq. meter, clean, airco that works and close to the emergency exit what I asked for before I even booked as I have a hotel fire experience.

So what did we learn? Always take a hotel from a known global chain, Marriott or Hilton has a high standard and corporate control. It helps to complain and keep on doing that until they solve the problem. If people are spending time writing a negative review there is a reason, trust me!!

Room Tip: Skip the complete 3rd floor or even better, skip this hotel!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business