“Good for an airport hotel”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 305 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel was located in close proximity to our gate for our departing flight. That was a huge plus. The shower handle in the room was a bit confusing to work. Overall, it was a clean comfy room suitable for a few hours stay in between flights.

• Stayed: October 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (6,041)

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Fast hassle free check-in and check-out, free wifi but oh so slow.... voip was unusable for example. Clean well appointed rooms with a well equipped shower and the suite area had some comfy armchairs and a very nice desk for working on. we did not try the breakfast as our flight was very early. We especially liked that the hotel sent a member of staff to the arrival gate to collect us and assist in the usual trials of navigating Dubai's excessive airport security.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlie3Zero
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The regular hotel services and facilities were fine. I would have felt like I had gotten my money's worth if I could have received a decent wireless internet signal in my room. I chose this hotel because I had a long layover in Dubai and needed a good rest. However, I also needed to get some work done over the internet. The hotel wireless signal was very weak in my room. I called reception to inquire about receiving a cable to connect to the internet that way. They did not have any cables available, and I am guessing by the tone of the receptionist's voice that they don't typically carry them. Hotel guests are allowed to use the business center for 30mins for free, but I needed more time. For me staying at the business center for a long time would have defeated the purpose of having a hotel room as I could have stayed at wi-fi spot in the terminal and done work there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt C
dcahotel, General Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your feedback and would sincerely like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay with us. We have started upgrading the wireless connectvity in Terminal 3 hotel and will complete it by the end of January 2012. Also taken the necessary steps to rectify the problems you have experienced. Thank you once again for your invaluable comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to make any future bookings.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here when returning from Greece with our 1 year old baby. Easy to find, very clean clean and comfortable hotel right inside the terminal which made our long transit in Dubai not only bearable but pretty much the only nice thing about travelling with a baby long haul!! HIGHLY recommend using this facility!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank KathyHatz

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Two days ago, I paid 240 USD (880 Dirham, pre booked, special offer) for a standard room from midnight to 9 am during a transit in Dubai Airport. A pickup service at the gate was arranged but nobody was there to pick me up! If you are not familiar with the Dubai airport it’s not easy to find this long belt like hotel which is located in the 5th and 6th floor of the Terminal 3. There are no clear sign boards or instructions. The elevator entrance is easily missed in this crowded place. Compared to any other refuted airport terminal hotels, this hotel is a rip-off. There is no service and the prices are ridiculous. The room rate varies depending on the time of the check-in and out and how and when you book, roughly about 60 USD/hour. Just to compare the prices, Ambassador Transit Hotel in Singapore airport charges only 52 USD for 6 hours!
After going up and down several times, finally I managed to find the front desks of the hotel. There are 2 front desks: East and West. If you have a pre-booked room, you need to find the right reception first. Room was spacious and clean. Free internet was not working in the night, surprisingly in the morning Wi-Fi was working near the gate and even inside the plane. Water flow of the over head shower was almost zero! A/C was noisy. The safety deposit box was permanently closed!
This is the one and only hotel inside the terminal which needs no immigration clearance at Dubai airport hotel. So the passengers have no other option but to pay the ridiculous prices and get frustrated if your expectations are not met. Holyday Inn and Le Meridian hotels are just outside the airport and offer very reasonable rates, at least 50% cheaper. However it’s not very convenient since you need to clear immigration to get there~

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Dr_Rohan

I have read with great concern your comments on your recent stay with us at the
Dubai International Hotel. I am presently in the process of investigating the
reasons that caused your displeasure and would greatly appreciate any further
comments you could provide me with so that I could respond in detail to your
complaint.
I do apologize for the delay in responding to you, as I was out of office and have
only just returned.