“Dubai International Hotel Terminal 3 - Great for stopover”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 301 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We decided to break our trip from Europe to Australia with a stopover in the airport terminal 3 hotel. We were met at our arrival gate by a hotel employee who showed us through the terminal to the hotel. Our room was huge with funky modern decoration. It was nicely furnished, air-conditioned, large LCD TV, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge and minibar, full set of toiletries including shaver, tooth brushes, paste and mouth wash, dressing gowns and complimentary water and a fruit bowl (apple, banana and grapes), The bathroom was also large with a big shower cubical, It was surprising quiet and the bed was really comfortable although the pillows a little soft. Free Wi Fi is also available. The room was very clean and the bathroom, although no mould the white grout was a bit grubby.

We had our luggage checked through to Australia and packed an overnight bag. The convenience of not having to go through security and immigration was great, we just walked straight up to the departure gate and saved heaps of time.

One tip is that they have an electronic minibar within the refrigerator that they electronically lock the night before your departure. We had medication that required refrigeration so when I explained this to them they left the door unlocked.

Would definitely stay here again for a stopover.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Pamies
There are newer reviews for Dubai International Hotel

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We only had a 9 hours between flights. Our flight arrive late and we were met at the arrival gate and whisked through security and straight too the hotel reception. Quickly went through registration and shown to our room - all within 20 minutes of arriving at the airport. They had the departure time of our flight and arranged a wake-up call giving us ample time to get to the departure gate. We managed to get nearly 7 hours sleep. Had we gone into a hotel outside of the hotel the price was the same and we would have been lucky to have got 4 hours sleep by the time we had got through immigration and transported to the hotel and back to the airport. We would certainly pay the money and do it again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Family_travellers07
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Not much to say about this place. Great place to get some shut eye if you have a brief stopover in Dubai. Easy access, as it’s in the terminal however don’t expect anything other than a place to sleep. Go into town for a quality place to stay or stay here for a quick re-fresh on a long trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank LeBonk
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We were booked into this hotel by my husband's company because we flew into Abu Dhabi at 23:45 and were due to be picked up by a driver to go to Abu Dhabi at 0630. Someone met us right off the plane and then we ran after him through the terminal with our very tired 3 year old daughter in tow. He was pleasant but informed us that we were not able to get our baggage that night as the hotel was entirely THIS SIDE of security and you cant' got out and re-enter without a valid ticket. I was under the impression that part of the hotel was outside in the terminal but apparently not because we asked and no one seemed to have an actual answer for us!!! We were trying to be patient but at this point we didn't have any toiletries, fresh clothes or overnight pull ups for our daughter. What frustrated me the most was the very vague, unhelpful answers we kept getting. My husband and daughter fell asleep quickly but the light coming in through around the curtains was distracting to me. I will say however that the bed was very comfortable and the room was modern and clean, also the amenities were good. The customer service needs some work though and at the price they charge this hotel is NOT worth it in my opinion.
I just wanted to let others know the location of the hotel in case they think they are staying in an airport hotel........that this is NOT the case!!!!!!! this is more like a very fancy layover spot.
In the morning thankfully we found an employee who was switched on and who pointed us off in the direction of security, and told us WHERE to actually get our bags from the night before!! He actually ended up chasing us down to escort us the wrong way through security, who had just told us to go back up the stairs and ask someone at information!!!! What a colourful start to the trip :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank REBurwell
dcahotel, General Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We are extremely concerned with your comments. May I request you to please send us details of your stay for corrective action. We value your comments and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours sincerely,

Sunil Menon

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I arrived at 4:00 AM at DXB after a nine-hour flight, and had a twelve hours layover between connections: the hotel was the only option available to catch some sleep. At 260 Euro per room per night (same price for single or double) I really felt I had been ripped off. But in the end I was not disappointed for the room was excellent. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever experienced, the bathroom was very large and with all necessary toiletries, there was even a massage chair! I slept very well, and when I woke up after six hours I had rested perfectly.

I tried continental breakfast which, surprisingly, was reasonably priced if compared to the hotel standard.

In the end, I wound up spending a lot of money but I got what I wanted. I think I will probably consider this option again should the necessity occur.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business