“Vwery nice Beach Resort”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #25 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I booked this hotel because of its layout. The Palm Tree Court offered a Junior Suite Garden view for a good deal. We were traveling with our 1 month old child and were seeking a place surrounded by shade and green rather than high and concret and cement deserts. The Palm Tree Court seemed to offer that.
We intended to stay 3 nights and ended up extending one more night. i would have extended more but my remeining vacation didn't allow me too.

I have been to Dubai before and thought that I know how huge it is. However I learned fast that the Jebel Ali is still way outside of the city limits. We could choose between a city taxi for 45 AED to go to the next available Metro station or 80 AED to go to Jumeirah Beach and other nearby attractions.

Dubai Taxis are very expensive! I am hoping the Metro lines open rather sooner than later. At the moment only one line is working and it works well.
I haven't decided yet, if I want to agree with the seperation of Wife and child sitting in one part of the train and i have to in another. I respect the Moslem culture. However I do not want to be seperated from my wife and child.

An alternative might be a rental car but me driving in the Dubai rush hours, I would have probably got mad or insane.
We were going and going and going from Bur Dubai to the property. We drove through port area, no mans land and constructions side. i almost lost it and thought what the property would really look like, if we are already driving through an outback like area.

Security was good on property. They won't let anybody get on site without reservation.
Once you pass the security gate, you are in a completely different setting, tropical like, relaxing and quiet.
As we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted nicely and helped promptly. Check in was fast, friendly, polite, professional and efficient!
With our room keys, we received a layout of the resort, weekly newsletter with happenings and events, opening hours of f&b outlets and things to do while there.

We ended up in the evening going to Al Majid restaurant, which is a buffet style restaurant, very open, large and LOUD. We asked to be seated ina quieter corner because of our child sleeping in the stroller. I am not sure, if I want to pay again 180 AED per person plus drinks for a buffet. We didn't eat much and were a little disappointed BUT the food was ok.
From the next day we started to order room service, which was fantastic, fast, efficient, polite room service operators at any given time. I tried to hear out their names to be mentioned but couldn't.
Even though they said please allow about 30 to 40 minutes, they always arrived within 20 to 25 minutes. The food was great!!! From breakfast to dinner. Ceasar Salad, chicken breast from the healthy choice and desert were very good and it was considerably cheaper, do I gave tip all the time.

Hotel Management!!!! Suggestion... Please add an extra line on the bill, saying "Tipp". I always give on bills because I barely have cash in my pocket. I am card person.

The Palm Tree Court itself is nice and even, if you do not choose to go to Dubai city center there is lots to do. Horseback riding, game fishing, Camel rides, seaplane excursions etc. There 3 pools on site and you feel that they are to over crowded, you may go to the beach, which is just a stone throw away.

Our room was nice, a junior suite. I understand that the Palm Tree Court is only offering Junior suites. We wre upgraded to a siew view, which was nice and i believe in future when The Palm 2 is finished, the construction side vanishes. However it was interesting to see what mankind can build.
Our bed was huge and so super comfortable, I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The bathroom was roomy with bath tub and extra shower, two vanities and bidet. I loved to see elemis products in the rooms. I am using these myself and I couldn't stop to take the small bottles with me, sorry ;)))
Further amenities were slippers (good ones not the crap, you get in most business hotels, bath robes and huge bath towels. Beach towels were provided in the room but there are also plenty available on the beach or pool side. The attendant will help you.
One VERY imprtant amenity, I really appreciated since I am never off work somehow! The whole hotel property offers COMPLIMENTARY Internet!

The main clientel seems to be european (German speaking, English) and Russian.
The management is German or german speaking, which I believe reflects significantly in service standards and staff being attentive, efficient and reliable.
One example: I had to call for few things different times the operator or front desk. I always received a courtesy call back, if the problem got fixed or the this and that arrived at the room etc. I like that! This is the standard, which sets hotels and services apart from each other.

There was one very disappointing moment for my wife and me. We really wanted to enjoy the Spa but due to the fact that my wife is breast feeding and couldn't lay down on a bed, we asked, if the Spa had the comfortable chair, where you put your knees on and you sit good, relaxing the soine and muscles. My wife really would have appreicated to get a neck, back and should massage plus scalp treatment.
The Spa itself is located good but the signage is very confusing. We ended up in Fontana restaurant asking for the way after going aroubnd the whole property actually following the signs!
The Spa coordinator told us that they don't have these chairs at all. A lady on the computer in front, blond, glasses, east european or russian accent told us that it is not available. I wondered at the point how pregnant women get treated at the Spa since they were welcome according to the brochure?

Hotel Management! Sugestion... Invest in these chairs and offer your guest an in room massage on the balcony or terrece. They are big enough and with sea view the massage is way better than in room. This would once again raise your hotel standard and set you apart from other hotels and resorts.

If there is a chance for my family and me to go back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court before we depart the UAE, we will certainly book this great hotel again.

Thank you Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and all the good souls working there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank 7_seas_traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (3,240)

Reviewed 3 August 2010

Had a wonderful trip to Palm Tree Court to celebrate a significant birthday. Very impressed with the junior suites at Palm Tree Court (flawless housekeeping) and can confirm the really good impressions recorded by other TA reviewers. It is a high class and refined part of the Jebel Ali Hotel, mostly very quiet and the grounds are big enough so that you can be well separated from other guests rather than being 6" away from adjacent sunbeds, which incidentally are very comfortable.

Staff are very good indeed and the management run a tight ship. My husband mentioned that it was my birthday and they immediately made a really special effort to make it a truly memorable occasion. They definitely go the extra mile and it is this sort of attention that means we will go back again. As people have said, F&B is very good although the buffets can tend to be a bit "international bland" having to cater for all preferences, but the quality is good. We thought that the Asian fusion restaurant was very good indeed.

Yes, the hotel is pretty well in the middle of nowhere and quite a way from the Marina and city centre, but we felt that this was a plus point. Also, the monorail train is getting steadily closer to Jebel Ali for the future and in the interim the hotel runs free shuttle buses to main sights. We also went on a day trip to the sister hotel (Hatta Fort) which is worth doing, but the day we went at the end of May, summer was really starting to hit and the temperature there was over 50 degrees.

Overall, a very good, well-run hotel and we will definitely return, as long as the stalled Jebel Ali Palm project does not re-start, which is just off-shore from the hotel and could be rather noisy in construction. Locally, people said that a re-start is unlikely in the current situation. The beach was swept thoroughly every morning and the sea was very clean, albeit like a warm bath!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue14
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Lovely relaxing weekend by the beach. Gardens and paths are beautiful with the peacocks, waterfalls and lush vegetation. Plenty of sun loungers on the lawned areas and the beach, very peaceful, but also three pools to chill off in. We dined in the White Orchid Restaurant on their half-board deal and the food was superb with very attentive service. Rooms are huge, with all the standard 5-star amenities of Dubai hotels, ie robes, flip-flops, upmarket toiletries, safe, tea and coffee making facilities, welcome fruit bowl, bottled water etc. We asked for a high floor and got a lovely seaview from the top floor of the low rise complexes. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingTrippers
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was our third visit to Dubai but our first time at Jebel Ali, we booked all inclusive with baited breath however we found the food and drink to be of a very high standard (a la carte), all staff very friendly and attentive. The Junior suites are very spacious and clean, towels/bed linen changed every day, beds are huge (9ft)!! Pools lovely, thoroughly recommend as a chill out holiday, but plenty of activities/watersports on-site, excellent horse-riding facilities on-site. The peacocks are quite noisy but you get used to them. Will definately be going back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prezzo2008
Reviewed 28 July 2010

If you are looking for a holiday where you can get away from it all, relax and enjoy wonderful service,accommodation and beautiful sandy beach then I would not hesitate in recommending this wonderful hotel!

Yes, it is away from the main drag of hotels near the city, but if thats what you want then you would not stay here. A taxi from the airport costs around £25 with a tip. The hotel provides a good bus service at various times throughout the day, stopping at Ibn Battuta Mall, Atlantis Aqua park, Mall of The Emirates and Gold and Diamond Park for free.

The hotel has three pools, we tended to use the salt water pool, only because it was quiter as there was no pool bar, but they were all lovely and have comfy sunbeds all with towels provided. The grounds were impeccable, with beautiful waterfalls and shrubbery. Peacocks wander freely and will feed from your hand. The beach is stunniing and perfectly groomed, and at times we had it to ourselves. Clear warm water and no sign of jelly fish etc.

If you are able to book half board I would highly recommend this, otherwise eating at the buffet restaurants works out at about £36 each a night. The buffets are fantastic and you can eat at either the Palm tree Court or Jebel Ali hotel. Each night there is a different theme. We particularly enjoyed the lebanese, Italian, Indian & Mexican. You can also eat at the other restaurants and choose the three course menu. The only restaurant we did not enjoy was Shooters at the shooting club. The three course menu was very limited and we were not made particulalry welcome, and would say it would probably suit men more. You can have the chance to go on an evening dinner cruise. I was under the impression that you could use your meal allowancew towards this, but this is not the case, so you would have to pay extra for this, which is about £40. Drinks wherever you go are expensive. If we drank at the hotel bars we tried to use the happy hours, or alternatively buy your drinks duty free on arrival at the airport and use the fridge in your room. Bottles of water are provided everynight with your turn down service and clean towels, but no chocolate on your pillow! Beach towels are replaced daily.

We had two junior suites on the ground floor. This was ideal as you had use of your own garden with sun loungers and easy access in and out from the beach to your rooms, along with patio table and chairs. The rooms were very big, with huge double bed, seating area with table, tv and dvd player, dressing gown and slippers provided, very big bathroom with double sinks, big walk in shower, big bath, toilet and bidet. Elemis products which are replaced daily. There is a bath menu, so if you want to indulge yourself you can call your room attendant who will prepare one of the baths from the menu- but at a cost!

Getting around the resort is easy, but if you find it too hot to walk you can call for a buggy to come and collect you and take you to your destination. We tipped the drivers at the end of our stay as we used them a fair bit, along with tipping our room cleaner and waiters, who provide an excellent service and work long hours for a fairly low salary.

There is plenty to do at the resort. My daughters and I indulged in a massage and facial deal for £70 each, which included the use of the wet spa area and free Elemis gifts. It would be worth asking in advance what deals they have on so you can book in advance. My husband & I had golf lessons. We took the 5 day 1/2 hour package at a cost of £145. Stewart Fee was our instructor and he was excellent. A bucket of balls and hire of club cost £13 to practice on the range. We booked a fishing trip from the marina, which was expensive for 4 people but you can have up to 7 which cost £350. It was very good and we caught fish but I would probably only recommend it in cooler months as there would be more fish around. We had a trip to the Atlantis water park with free transport from the hotel. This cost £168 for 4 of us with a locker, but you could probably go without this as most people left things on the sunbeds and we took towels from the hotel rather than hiring them. We had various trips to the Malls in the evenings as the shops stay open till midnight and it seemed a better time to shop. I would recommend the Apres Bar in the Mall of the Emirates to watch the skiers! My daughters didn't fancy doing this as they ski already, but would be good for people who have never skied before. My husband & I also treated ourselves to afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab 7 star Hotel on the 27th floor for our anniversary. Yes expensive at £70 each, but a one off amazing experience and SO much food. Book via the Burj Al Arabl website and not a tour rep at hotel as they will charge you more. Mention any special occasion. We were presented with a homemade cake and a red rose!

I was concerned that there would not be enough for my teenage daughters to do, but they have said it was one of their best holidays. They had their own junior suite and were happy to chill out and relax after a busy time with exams. They went to the gym everyday, enjoyed the pools and spa,played tennis and used the internet to check facebook!!

We arrived early in the morning at the hotel and we were able to have access to our rooms straight away, and as our flight home was not until late at night, although we had to check out at midday, we were able to use the hotel facilities all day whilst they will store your luggage for you and at the end of the day there are fantastic changing rooms with lockers, showers with shampoo and shower gel and hairdryers, so you can make the most of your last day.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family