3,817 results
All reviews white orchid all inclusive package la fontana signature lounge anchor bar jebel ali corona bar shooting club signatures lounge sports cafe butler team shooting range elemis products a ground floor room garden view a la carte restaurants dinner cruise
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was our third visit to Dubai but our first time at Jebel Ali, we booked all inclusive with baited breath however we found the food and drink to be of a very high standard (a la carte), all staff very friendly and attentive. The Junior suites are very spacious and clean, towels/bed linen changed every day, beds are huge (9ft)!! Pools lovely, thoroughly recommend as a chill out holiday, but plenty of activities/watersports on-site, excellent horse-riding facilities on-site. The peacocks are quite noisy but you get used to them. Will definately be going back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prezzo2008
Reviewed 28 July 2010

If you are looking for a holiday where you can get away from it all, relax and enjoy wonderful service,accommodation and beautiful sandy beach then I would not hesitate in recommending this wonderful hotel!

Yes, it is away from the main drag of hotels near the city, but if thats what you want then you would not stay here. A taxi from the airport costs around £25 with a tip. The hotel provides a good bus service at various times throughout the day, stopping at Ibn Battuta Mall, Atlantis Aqua park, Mall of The Emirates and Gold and Diamond Park for free.

The hotel has three pools, we tended to use the salt water pool, only because it was quiter as there was no pool bar, but they were all lovely and have comfy sunbeds all with towels provided. The grounds were impeccable, with beautiful waterfalls and shrubbery. Peacocks wander freely and will feed from your hand. The beach is stunniing and perfectly groomed, and at times we had it to ourselves. Clear warm water and no sign of jelly fish etc.

If you are able to book half board I would highly recommend this, otherwise eating at the buffet restaurants works out at about £36 each a night. The buffets are fantastic and you can eat at either the Palm tree Court or Jebel Ali hotel. Each night there is a different theme. We particularly enjoyed the lebanese, Italian, Indian & Mexican. You can also eat at the other restaurants and choose the three course menu. The only restaurant we did not enjoy was Shooters at the shooting club. The three course menu was very limited and we were not made particulalry welcome, and would say it would probably suit men more. You can have the chance to go on an evening dinner cruise. I was under the impression that you could use your meal allowancew towards this, but this is not the case, so you would have to pay extra for this, which is about £40. Drinks wherever you go are expensive. If we drank at the hotel bars we tried to use the happy hours, or alternatively buy your drinks duty free on arrival at the airport and use the fridge in your room. Bottles of water are provided everynight with your turn down service and clean towels, but no chocolate on your pillow! Beach towels are replaced daily.

We had two junior suites on the ground floor. This was ideal as you had use of your own garden with sun loungers and easy access in and out from the beach to your rooms, along with patio table and chairs. The rooms were very big, with huge double bed, seating area with table, tv and dvd player, dressing gown and slippers provided, very big bathroom with double sinks, big walk in shower, big bath, toilet and bidet. Elemis products which are replaced daily. There is a bath menu, so if you want to indulge yourself you can call your room attendant who will prepare one of the baths from the menu- but at a cost!

Getting around the resort is easy, but if you find it too hot to walk you can call for a buggy to come and collect you and take you to your destination. We tipped the drivers at the end of our stay as we used them a fair bit, along with tipping our room cleaner and waiters, who provide an excellent service and work long hours for a fairly low salary.

There is plenty to do at the resort. My daughters and I indulged in a massage and facial deal for £70 each, which included the use of the wet spa area and free Elemis gifts. It would be worth asking in advance what deals they have on so you can book in advance. My husband & I had golf lessons. We took the 5 day 1/2 hour package at a cost of £145. Stewart Fee was our instructor and he was excellent. A bucket of balls and hire of club cost £13 to practice on the range. We booked a fishing trip from the marina, which was expensive for 4 people but you can have up to 7 which cost £350. It was very good and we caught fish but I would probably only recommend it in cooler months as there would be more fish around. We had a trip to the Atlantis water park with free transport from the hotel. This cost £168 for 4 of us with a locker, but you could probably go without this as most people left things on the sunbeds and we took towels from the hotel rather than hiring them. We had various trips to the Malls in the evenings as the shops stay open till midnight and it seemed a better time to shop. I would recommend the Apres Bar in the Mall of the Emirates to watch the skiers! My daughters didn't fancy doing this as they ski already, but would be good for people who have never skied before. My husband & I also treated ourselves to afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab 7 star Hotel on the 27th floor for our anniversary. Yes expensive at £70 each, but a one off amazing experience and SO much food. Book via the Burj Al Arabl website and not a tour rep at hotel as they will charge you more. Mention any special occasion. We were presented with a homemade cake and a red rose!

I was concerned that there would not be enough for my teenage daughters to do, but they have said it was one of their best holidays. They had their own junior suite and were happy to chill out and relax after a busy time with exams. They went to the gym everyday, enjoyed the pools and spa,played tennis and used the internet to check facebook!!

We arrived early in the morning at the hotel and we were able to have access to our rooms straight away, and as our flight home was not until late at night, although we had to check out at midday, we were able to use the hotel facilities all day whilst they will store your luggage for you and at the end of the day there are fantastic changing rooms with lockers, showers with shampoo and shower gel and hairdryers, so you can make the most of your last day.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank luv2holidayinthesun
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Everything was what we expected and more, from the room quality till the amazing service, pass with the private lounge and the nature of the place, I recommend for this place to relax and scape from the city, but prepare your self because you are really out of the city.

(privacy, relaxing, entertainment, water adventure and more) you will enjoy for sure!
The management was really flexible with me, specially with the late check out.

Go for it! You will not regret, it's the best resort in Dubai.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thamir A
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We travelled to Dubai with Best at Holidays and I can not fault them. Right from when we arrived in Dubai, we had a car waiting to take us to the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed by staff who would not let us handle our luggage as they loaded it on to a golf buggy and waited for us to check in ready to take us to our room.

The room was huge.We had the junior suite and it was more than big enough for the four of us. The bathroom was also huge with a big bath, walk in shower, two basins and bidet. We also had Elemis toiletries which were replaced when needed.

There are lots of Peacocks around the grounds of the hotel, which my kids found fascinating. They do tend to make quite a loud noise first thing in the morning but this didn't bother us.

We were staying on a Half Board basis, which was slightly misleading when I booked. You don't actually get your evening meal totally free of charge, you get given an allowance of approx 165 Dirham each per day and anything over that, you have to pay for. We ate in the Buffet restaurant every night and for some reason the cost was different every night. Drinks are also not included in the Half Board option,only at breakfast time. We were surprised that in the retsaurant (La Fontana) you couldn't get a coffee after your meal. On the last night, we ate in the buffet restaurant of the Jebel Ali hotel and were offered coffee.

Drinks are extremely expensive here. A pint of Beer cost the equivalent of £7. We did expect alcohol to be expensive though.

It is an extremely relaxing hotel and is very quet in the evenings. There is a nice bar down by the beach, which is lovely. We didn't go in any of the other bars as we have young kids.

There is a courtesy bus which goes throughout the day to a couple of Malls and the Atlantis hotel. The closest Mall to the hotel is about 20 minutes away called Batutta Mall. I didn't think it was that great. We also went to the Mall of the Emirates,which was huge and had lots more shops. It also has the indoor ski center, which was impressive! Everything about Dubai was impressive! The water park at the Atlantis hotel is well worth a visit.

We went on a city tour called A New Dawn. We really enjoyed it as it showed us the arcitecture including the Marina, Atlantis The Palm, Dubailand (future Disney resort) and you end up at the Dubai Mall in a date shop! We booked the tour with Arabian Adventures and the tour guide (Mohammed) was fantastic.

Overall, this was the best holiday we have had in years. The people were extremely friendly and Dubai is so clean and tidy. We weill definately be returning.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank katief218
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The journey to the hotel (about £25 from the airport in a metred taxi) was worrying; driving through the industrial area of Dubai to what appears to be wasteland, but then all of a sudden a little oasis appeared - the Palm Tree Court and its sister hotel Jebel Ali. From the moment we arrived the service was exceptional both at check in and in the restaurant. The Junior suite was beautiful but I would suggest you request or pay a tiny bit more for a ground floor suite as it will be well worth it. The gardens surrounding the complex complete with peacocks and turtles provided a calm backdrop for the holiday - perfect after a day in Dubai. Don't worry about being too far out of the city. Taxis are really reasonable and very reliable - we did not experience any issues. A taxi to the 'centre' is about 40 km but only around £15. The shuttle bus ran regularly and we used it to get closer to the city - regularly getting a taxi from the first shuttle stop (Ibn Battuto Mall). The only thing to consider is the price of eating and drinking in the resort (you can eat much cheaper and with more variety outside of the hotel - but that is a long taxi ride away) - a pint of lager in the hotel is £7. But it is worth it - I would suggest the sports bar overlooking the small marina if you fancy a more laid back drink. Overall I was a lottle dubious about being so far out but considering the bustle and traffic of the city centre I was well pleased with my decision and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple