“Chateaubriand for two”

Ranked #131 of 10,516 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Porterhouse steakhouse and grill is located at the luxurious, Sofitel The Palm Resort & Spa. Succulent meats and a classically elegant atmosphere combine to create an impeccable signature steakhouse. An al fresco seating area provides a romantic setting under the stars. Adjoining the restaurant, the chic bar area celebrates the art of cocktail-making through the ages. A treat for two is the signature Porterhouse, carved at your table by expert waiters. Pair it with a fine vintage from the open wine cabinet.
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I've dined (and reviewed) here before, based on the standard half-board menu you are offered when you're staying at the Sofitel, so this time I thought we should spend a bit more and go A La Carte.

Yes, it's not cheap, but the Chateaubriand for two we had on Friday was exceptional.

To be honest, it would easily fill three, possibly four. And eclipsed my grilled fois gras starter and subsequent desert.

The Chateaubriand was cooked (if our preference to 'very blue' qualifies as cooked), to perfection, and the flavour from it having been cooked over an open flame was sensational. It was truly melt-in-your-mouth stuff. The accompanying sauces are totally unnecessary.

On account of the size of the beast that had been presented to us, and my wish to do it justice, I passed on the accompanying veggies (which did look lovely).

Neither my wife, nor I, had actually eaten anything all day, yet we were still unable to do this dish total justice. So come with a big (enormous) appetite, and a love of very good, flavoursome steak.

The service was exemplary, but that is to be expected at the Sofitel, and do get a table on the terrace outside as it adds to the whole atmosphere and by 8pm the temperature is more than acceptable.

You'll also be treated to some great live music that sets the tone for your evening.

Thoroughly recommended to anyone who loves steak.

The only reason it's not a five-star to me is the desserts are a little tired, and the price isn't something that can be overcome by us normal people regularly.

But so long as I can manage it once in a while I'm happy!

1  Thank Andrew C

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Steak, service and staff all brilliant. Absolutely perfect dinner out as a family. Great half board menu. Best restaurant in this hotel by far. Book it!

1  Thank jae39
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Enjoyed a superbly cooked and presented rib eye steak. The accompaniments and wine were absolutely first class as was the service. Highly recommended and the best place to eat in the Sofitel.

1  Thank walmerbee
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We like trying the steakhouses in Dubai and over the years have been to almost all of the reputable ones in the big hotels. This newcomer was a positive surprise. It had a great holiday-style atmosphere, the staff treated the treated the guests really well, but without too much fuss or pretention. We had steak and fish and both were excellent, cooked over a flame grill which gave the meat a delicious finish. The sides were also excellent. Especially the truffle-mash, I even ordered seconds.

1  Thank Jaiwana
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This is a steak house that really lives up to the expectation! Juicy cuts from superb regions, cooked to perfection! And the staff is very friendly and attentive too!

1  Thank srszrh