2,268 results
All reviews burj khalifa floor to ceiling windows business bay area indian restaurant butler service business hotel rooftop bar in room dining room service rooms are spacious home away from home breakfast buffet memorable stay business trip wonderful hotel duty manager free shuttle
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Stayed at the Oberoi in business for 5 days. Check in is fast and very professional. Generally, a person shows you to your room to guide you through the different functions of the room (there are a few) and whilst there you sign the paperwork and are assigned your room key as opposed to most western hotels where you do everything at reception.

The room itself was excellent, very large with floor to ceiling windows, a large seating area and one of the largest beds I’ve seen for a while. The bathroom was equally large with a glass shower area, dual sinks and free standing bath against the windows with views over Business bay.

Breakfast is served down on the lower ground and is one of the best I’ve had. Excellent choice at the buffet with the option to order egg based breakfasts from the many staff who are there to help (eggs benedict is very good). I would suggest trying to get a window seat for breakfast or sit outside which during the winter months is very nice.

The hotel gym is very good as well with an excellent range of equipment both cardio, machines and free weights. The swimming pool is on the same level and is very quiet before 9am, so you can swim without being disturbed.

Getting around is easy as there are taxi’s available from reception. If you want a normal taxi, just ask as the hotel based limo’s can be expensive. The metro is about 10 to 15 min’s away. It looks quite close, but takes a while to get there. What takes time is getting out of the hotel (which requires a trip past the breakfast room in to the other tower and down a floor to come out via the staff entrance). If you try and leave via reception you have to walk down the ramps trying not to get run over. You then have the many crossings to navigate which seem to take an age for the lights to change. Don’t try and beat the traffic, you will lose.

Also, the metro station between 4:30pm and 6:30pm is packed with workers going home. You will queue for a while to get on a train. I’d avoid if possible.

The hotel in the evening has some excellent restaurants and if you get bored of those there are a few other hotels in the area with good restaurants as well or just pop on the metro.

Overall, an excellent hotel with one of the best levels of service I have come across in the long time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank johnwJ6316VK
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Guest

We are delighted having you as our special guest at The Oberoi, Dubai and thank you very much for your detailed excellent feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that

It was indeed great knowing that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and adore our large room, bathroom, buffet breakfast, pool, gym, hotel location and most of all, the unparalleled service rendered by our team.

It is with such valuable feedback from our special guests such as yours that motivates all of us to meet and exceed guest expectations as well as to find ways to further improve the standards.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai which is your "Home away from Home".

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I was a little disappointed with my stay here as my expectations were high. Check in was not a slick experience had to wait a long time to be allocated a room. I was early and knew that the room wasn't necessarily going to be ready and that was okay, however they made me wait perhaps 20 minutes at reception with no update as to what was happening. A little frustrating. I was then shown to my room. I had specifically ordered a twin room when booking and then when they phoned to check my reservation they confirmed a twin room was available. So it was annoying to find out it was a king room. Then even more annoying to have the conversation, sorry I wanted a twin room I was told one was available, " no sorry they are all full is this okay", "eh no I ordered a twin room", "sorry this room is okay", "eh no I need a twin room, I have confirmed one is available", " there are no twin rooms this room is good"............ Argh. Standoff. The room was average in size and a little bland, the bathroom though is another story very nice. I was a little worried there may be noise in the room from the corridor as the door opens directly into the sleeping area, there is no dressing area/wardrobe area at the door , however I didn't notice any. Breakfast was nice, very friendly and helpful staff. We were only there one night but not a hotel I would go back to, there are so many others in Dubai. Also it is very pedestrian unfriendly, we couldn't find another way in to the hotel, which is a couple of floors up, other than walking up the car ramp which had no footpath.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear Guest

I thank you for having stayed with us at The Oberoi, Dubai and for posting your feedback online.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for having failed to provide you with a flawless stay experience, the manner your check in procedure was handled and the inconvenience caused. What you have stated is certainly not the Oberoi standards we commit to our guests. We value your observations, and it is constructive feedback such as yours that enables us to improve.

It is very apparent that there were a lot of shortcomings from our end that requires urgent attention. Rest assured, your comments will be addressed to ensure such incidents will not transpire again in the future.

I would welcome an opportunity to regain your trust and hope that the above will not keep you from returning to our hotel. In case you change your perception about The Oberoi, Dubai, please do let me know and I will personally ensure that your next stay will be a memorable one.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We drove to the hotel, and the entrance to the hotel was almost impossible to find. Following the hotel sign led us to the office lobby (which isn't connected to the hotel) and we had to drive around the complex multiple times to finally discover the hotel lobby on the second floor. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly greeted by staffs with cold towels and water. Checking in was a bit delayed by the last-moment room upgrade sales effort, and we were pretty tired arriving from a 12-hr flight at close to midnight. Other than that, the overall service during our stay was great without being overly attentive.

The room was clean, modern, very spacious and satisfactory in all other details except that the view was blocked by a huge construction site. The bar at the top of the building (which isn't part of the hotel) was an interesting place to check out.

In sum, great stay with great value. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and we are delighted having you as our special guest at The Oberoi, Dubai during your recent travel to the city.

It was indeed great knowing that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay overall and appreciated the unparalleled service rendered by our team.

On a separate note, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the slight delay upon check in as well as the directions to the hotel which was not as per your expectation. Rest assured, I will look into these matters and thank you for your feedback.

We sincerely hope that the above incidents will not hamper you from returning to the hotel as we look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Stayed at Oberoi Dubai for a night on business. Excellent hotel that lives up to the legendary Oberoi service standards. The rooms sizes are a good 30% bigger than most other hotels in Dubai and extremely well attended. Gym is great and the breakfast buffet was top-class with a large 'health' food options. The only downside is the location is slightly off (at Business Bay) which is a beehive of construction activity and cab is the only option if you want to visit the nearby Dubai Mall or Downtown. However, if you are on an overnight business traveler like me, then the hotel has everything and more. One suggestion, I was surprised not to find an ironing board and iron ( standard fitting in all 5 star biz hotels). I had to request for one and it was promptly delivered, however, I would strong recommend that Oberoi take note of this biz traveler needs. I will surely be back.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at The Oberoi, Dubai during your business trip to the city and we are delighted having you with us.

We are very pleased to know that you adore the size of our room, buffet breakfast and the Gym and most importantly, the legendary Oberoi service standards.

On the other hand, I have noted your comment about the hotel location was not as per your expectation. Please also accept my sincere apology that there was no iron and ironing board placed in your room as we are currently replacing new irons in the rooms.

The entire team and I firmly believe that it is only through comments like yours that will give us the opportunity to improve and become the best. Rest assured that your feedback will be looked into.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We visited for 2 nights at the very start of our honeymoon and it happened to be over New Years! We arrived late on New Year's Eve and it was chaos with traffic but the concierge was extremely helpful in assisting in getting us to our reservation as fast as they could. All the staff were exceptional and seemed to be on the ball. Breakfast was lovely with amazing choices from both the buffet and eggs to order menu! We spent a tiny bit around the pool and I loved how they bring you a tray of icy poles Evian face mist sunscreen and iced water...nice touch! We found the location to actually be a very central place as most of our activities were close by! Would highly recommend for business or pleasure!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your online review and we are delighted having you as our special guest at The Oberoi, Dubai during your recent travel to the city.

It was indeed great knowing that you enjoyed your honeymoon as well as the New Year at our hotel and that my Concierge team were able to assist you with everything. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and adore the breakfast buffet, pool facilities and most of all, the unparalleled service rendered by our team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai in the not so distant future.