“Good value for money and private beach”

Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #177 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I wouldn't say it's as good as the Madinat or Atlantis beach hotels, but it's great for the price. Initially we were put into a small room which reaked of cigarette smoke. We tried to put up with it, but after a few hours we had to go back to reception and complain. They then upgraded us to a fantastic room, where we stayed for four nights. It still had a very slight smell of smoke, but it was a great room. The beach and pools were pretty nice too. The drinks were a bit over priced. There was a nice variety of restaurants serving great food.

Room Tip: if you smell smoke, ask to change rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This resort had several places to eat and enjoy one's self in the evening hours. The Castro restaurant is the only one I attended after dark while staying at the resort. It had life music at night and round tables with taps. The live music was nice. There are club cars that can carry your luggage to the rooms. There are very nice views inside the complex of natural growth with fountains and small walkways paved for transit by foot or club car. Outside swimming pool and an outside lounge pool that is smaller for lounging surrounded by restaurants. The ocean is steps from the main lobby and offers splended views. Taxis were an easy catch as the concierge helped with that. Close proximity to a mall for shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I was suprised from the moment the cab pulled into the drive. This place was an oasis in a crazy and hectic city surrounded by desert. The lush tropical gardens and water falls are just great and relaxing. I was even suprised how quiet it was considering they have so many restaurants and night clubs. The restaurants and night clubs are set apart from the villas. I have stayed in many hotels in Dubai and I found me a new one that I will be going back to it again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We had a great relaxing 5 days in the Resort the location is very good the service was excellent all staff were friendly and courteous ...we did have a problem with the smell of cigarettes in our room which is one of my major problems when staying in hotels ..it was nice in the evening to sit out and have cocktails the choices of restaurants was very good ..overall if you want the best of both worlds this is an ideal location as it is at the end of Jumeriah beach road which makes getting to the shopping malls or the souks a bit more accessible ...it is also a stone throw away from Al Diyfah St .which has some really fantastic eating places and some amazing coffee shops ...as I said good location ..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel in July 23-25th. Reception was not what you would expect out of a 5* hotel. Staff could only speak basic English so they could not explain the features of the hotel well. Room was clean and pleasant, large (suite) and no extra fees were charged for provision of a cot. Bathroom was spacious but is in dire need of updating its fittings. Shower head looked old and grubby. One thing that really annoyed me was the smell of cigarettes in the room. It seemed as if it was coming through the a/c vents??
The bed was DIVINE! Hadn't had a sleep like the one I had there for a long time!!
Location is really good. Not far from anything.
Breakfast wasn't that great. No large selection and cooked foods looked a bit suspicious. Omlettes were delicious so we stuck to those.
Small incident happened when cleaner took my daughter's pyjama was taken by mistake along with the linen. We only realized before we went to bed and we had to ask twice and only got the items returned to us once we asked the second time in the morning. I'm happy the items were returned but I would have been happier if they were not taken in the first place or at least returned when I first asked for them.
Pool area is great but pools are not that big. It's clean and staff in this area are courteous. Overall Im not sure if I'd stay there again given the vast amount of hotels available in Dubai and if not for the location I don't think I might have stayed there in the first place.

• Stayed: July 2012