“Premium Leisure Club - Worth Every Penny”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #46 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 June 2007

This was my 2nd stay at the Mina. We originally booked to come for 5 nights but extended it to 8 when we arrived as we were having such a wonderful time, we didnt want to leave!

This time we booked into the Premium Leisure Club, which was worth every penny. The actual bedrooms are no different, but you get to have breakfast in a seperate lounge which is alot quiter. You also get afternoon tea between 3-4.30pm and it was DELICIOUS, Sandwiches, savoury nibbles like samosas, pasties etc as well as many different canape sized cakes, The Freshly made PLUM crumble is to die for!! PLUS Scones, Jam and Cream!!

All day long you are allowed free soft drinks in the leisure club lounge which is nice. Between 6-8pm you are allowed unlimited alcoholic drinks including Moet Champangne during this time they also serve canapes and sushi, cheese and biscuits, dips with crudettes etc. If you are more of a grazer than a big eater you could quite easily survive on this food alone!

You also get to check in and out in this lounge so you dont have to hang about in the main hotel reception.

The kids get their own little buffet too which is really cute, little jam,peanut butter and chocolate spread sandwiches, cakes chocolate and sweets and in the evening they lay on mini hamburgers, soup etc which would easily satisfy a childs appetite!

We are going back to this hotel in September for a 21st birthday with
the family and for my husbands 25th in october and we will always book into the Premium Leisure club now.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank mrs2b
Write a ReviewReviews (2,937)

Reviewed 5 June 2007

My girlfriend and I, stayed here last June 15-22 (06), and it was our
first visit to Dubai. I admit I had some trepidation. This was put to
rest, from the moment we were met at the airport. We were whisked through passport control, and after pointing out our bags, the next time I saw them was in the room. (We felt like celebrities)

The car transfer both ways was superb, and had cold water and very welcome scented iced towels.

The room exceeded anything I expected, and was topped by a super king, comfortable bed. All the little touches just made it right. The
furniture and decoration was good, and the bathroom with its walk in rain shower, had enough space for a party. The thing that really made
it fantastic was our huge balcony. It also had great views out to sea.

Breakfast was a treat everyday, with foods from around the world, and
lots of fresh fruits available. The restaurant was pleasant, but we also took breakfast on our balcony for a few mornings. From the wake up call ten minutes before they arrived, to the attentive service, and leaving a toaster, it was brilliant.

I even used the Quay Health Club a couple of times, and that too was first class.

We saw some of the city, and some of the desert, but came to relax and unwind. Time was spent wandering around the air conditioned malls, visiting the new Marina Complex, lying beside the pool, and relaxing with good food. I also have a friend based in Dubai and for various reasons we visited a few hotels, which all seemed very good, but not as good as the MAS. My friend was fascinated by the whole layout, and said it was the best hotel he had been in during the 15 years he has been there.

Guaranteed sunshine, lovely room, first class service, and things to do if you can drag yourself away from your pampered existence. Wonderful. My only warning, if you like shopping be careful, the relaxed state of mind can lead to serious health problems for your credit card.

I write this report now, as we are returning for 8 nights very shortly. We were fascinated by the Dar Al Masyaf, and have traded up to an Ocean Deluxe Summer House. It will make an interesting comparison to last year as the DAM, is supposed to be a step up, and you are practically on the beach. Can’t wait . . . . .

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katzman
Reviewed 25 May 2007

Stayed this May for 5 nights on the Club Floor - had a fantastic time
- Mina A' Salam think of every detail for your comfort and enjoyment - the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in - truly a FIRST class resort

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ImpJac
Reviewed 18 May 2007

When you first arrive in Dubai International Airport...you will see a sign that states...Welcome to tomorrow. That is exactly how I felt while staying at the Mina A Salam. The Mina A Salam had a driver pick me up in the S550 Benz. How classy is that??!!! Opon arrival the driver gave me cold towels for my face so that I would be comfortable on the way to the hotel.It is only one word to describe this place....and that is FABULOUS!!! The rooms...perfect. My ex-husband...who asked me to re-marrying him again on this vacation...had a executive deluxe room...which allows you to have access to the club executive perks. The room was fabulous....the balcony was bigger than my kitchen. The detail inside the room was perfect. The trace ceilings in the bathroom... the rainfall shower...the huge roman tub. Oh me...oh my...it was like I was living a dream. I can go on forever talking about what a terrific place this is...but I can never describe it in words. I will say that the service at the hotel was 2nd to none. The staff was friendly...place was clean. Beach was PERFECT!!!!!!!!! Fabulous beach....water so clear...I could see my feet. When it got too hot on the beach...staff members will come over to bring you popsicles!!! The chairs were so comfy...they even have a menu to order from while you are out catching some rays. Several lifeguards around to make you feel safe while swimming in the ocean. One of the best things about the hotel was going to one side of the resort to another by boat...aka water taxi. Oh my goodness!!! How BEAUTIFUL!!! It makes you feel like you are in Venice...while in the Middle East. The place gives you such a ritzy feeling...and a feeling of PEACE!!! The food was delicious too. I want to go back. now!!!!!!! I made my my future hubby promise...to bring me and both our mothers to the Mina A Salam. When you are here....you are living the lifestlyle of the Rich & Fabulous!!!!! Everyone should go there!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kreives
Reviewed 7 May 2007

My Mother and I stayed at Mina last year in September, and every day since I have wished I had never left. This place is the MOST AMAZING PLACE I have ever been to in my life. We stayed in a room with a balcony looking over the boat and out to the ocean with an upgrade to the premium lounge. WOW!!!!! If you afford to splash out on the upgrade you absolutely MUST. First, the Breakfast was the most beautifully presented, wonderfully tasting gourmet delights: bircher muesli, amazing fruits, pastries and then all the fabulous hot foods, and much much more. YUMMY. The afternoon tea, well where do I start, mini breadrolls filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers, or maybe you would like the onces with roasted vegetables and fetta. 10 or more differenttypes of cakes and slices and lots of finger sandwiches, canape boats filled with goodies and tea and coffee. And just incase you haven't stuffed yourself enough, pre-dinner drinks and canapes ( and like most of the reviewers who took up the upgrade option, this wasn't pre-dinner, it was DINNER usually), French Champagne, spirits, fine wine and wonderful hot and cold canapes.

Okay Okay enough with the food I hear you say, the SERVICE in this place will ruin your thoughts on service in any other hotel. The Staff at Mina are not only the most friendly lovely people, they can not help you enough, and they truly look like they enjoy their jobs. The ROOM was fantastic, hard wood furniture and a bathroom that you could hold a ballroom dancing comp in ITS SO BIG and beautiful. The Amenities smell DIVINE, and my mother loved taking them all each morning, so when the room was made up we got plenty more, (I think she is still using them there was so much).

All in all this was the most wonderful place I have ever been (the hotel and just Dubai in itself) if you are thinking of coming here, please dont just think, GO ....... YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family