3,269 results
All reviewsthe burj al arabbahri barwild wadiabra boatsice lolliespremium leisuregolf buggiesmadinat complexnoodle houseclub executivetalise spahalf boardafternoon teacold towelsbeach hotelprivate beachrestaurants and bars
Reviewed 27 January 2015

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. It is part of a large resort development that includes numerous restaurants as well as shopping and entertainment venues. The staff is exceptionally well trained and accommodating, with room service multiple times per day, and no amenity ever left unreplenished. The plate of welcoming fruits and dates was also a nice touch, as was the evening turn-down service. I cannot complain about my construction-obstructed view of the Burj al Arab since I knew about that up front, and, in turn, got a reduced room rate. This was the Arabian Development Site construction, and I was never bothered by any noise. There were multiple breakfast venues to select from, and I took the nearest one (can't remember the name). It was over-the-top excellent, with every imaginable breakfast food available, including multiple types of salmon, deluxe omelettes, fruits, cheeses, lamb keema, ...just everything. The private beach is also beautiful, with umbrella/chair/drink service (the cocktails are quite expensive: 2 long vodka tonics were over $35 if I remember correctly, but well worth the luxury moment!). It's quite an experience to swim (in November) in the warm Arabian (aka Persian) Gulf waters, with the Burj al Arab towering out of the water. One shortcoming in the otherwise fabulous hotel room (looks just like it's pictured on the hotel's website) was that, whereas pretty much all toilets in UAE have an adjacent spray/wash hose, none was present here. It just struck me as an odd omission for an otherwise over-the-top luxury hotel. Re the overall Jumeirah resort, within which Mina is situated, you can either walk around or commute by electric boats, which take you where you want to go when you want to go. The drivers are super friendly; the boats are electric, to avoid spoiling the pristine air. The water is so clean you can count the myriad fish. I visited some of the other hotels and they're even posher yet (probably in the $1000/night range, while I was paying around $400/night. The spa is superb, and well worth the price. Get their 'signature' treatment. Well, you just have to go there to experience your own thousand and one Arabian nights! Simply wonderful! -One more thing: at checkout there was some confusion about breakfast charges on my bill and, to dispatch the confusion, all these charges were simply removed without debate. Here the customer is truly king. Pack your bags!

Room Tip: Avoid the Arabian Development Site side if you want a better view (it will also cost more). I stayed on this side to save money and because I knew my time in the room would be minimal.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank edelstein7
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Dear Guest

I am very delighted to read through your review following your recent stay with us at Mina A'Salam. Thank you for taking the time to post this on TripAdvisor and I am also happy to know that you managed to enjoy the resort although you were on a business trip.

Sincere thanks for all your complementing comments especially with regards to our Arabian Development Site View room, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Once again this property was flawless in its execution. Our stay this occasion was a very short one however we were still impressed with the high level of the facilities, cleanliness of the rooms and helpfulness of the staff. There are many 5-star establishments but this one wins for me based on location, suitability for families and 5-star luxury at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Try if possible to get a sea-facing room or even better a private villa if you can afford the surcharge.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tyronev
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your return to Mina A'Salam although you were on a short stay this time. Our sincere appreciation that you took the time to share your wonderful and memorable experience on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

Having stayed at the Mina many times before we know how wonderful this hotel is but at Christmas it is even more appealing.Top marks for the staff who look after the decorations in the resort.
The staff make every stay that extra bit special,special mention must go to Gisele,Shashank and Rakesh,and particularly the excellent Club Lounge staff under Laura's guidence who are that extra bit special and always make our stay so enjoyable.
Regarding the building work next door,if you choose the Arabian Development Room then of course you will be disturbed,just chose different room type.

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank Seaneeng

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to celebrate the Festive Season with us and I am thrilled to read through your review especially the profile picture of our Club Lounge team. I am sure they will be equally happy to receive your feedback.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

Dont be fooled by the glitz and glam of the restaurants and gorgeous surroundings. For the rates we paid including being in the club lounge as well our experience was surely not in line with the high prices we paid. Firstly when we arrived we were asked our names and told to wait at check in counter line. Only after a while we were told that check in was upstairs at the club lounge. That truly didnt seem like a good start after a long flight of almost 8 hours.On the second day my husband was looking for help with sending our shopping bags to our room so we could have a drink in the lounge after a long day outside. He was sent to 3 different counters before we finally got some help with the last staff waving his hands saying "its not my job" which was rather rude response to a guest if you ask me. And to top it off on the third and last day when we were checking out at the executive lounge and I asked if I could order a quick meal before I leave I was told that no food can be sent to the lounge from any kitchen which I find just ridiculous. The lady then said she would try and called the kitchen to ask and I heard the entire conversation that wasnt in English but in their native language which happens to be mine as well but because I dont look it they assumed I wouldnt understand. And it basically was of annoyance of my request and again that they are too busy they cant do it and to ask me to go eat in the restaurant and to my disgust the hostess answered " she probabably wont want to pay for the brunch". Finally they said ok over the phone but I would need to wait for 45 mins to an hour. I have never been so insulted that way and treated with so much disrespect as a paying guest in suppposedly one of the 12 best hotels in the world. Its my first trip to dubai and has turned out to be the worst hotel stay ever. Hotel is luxurious but the staff are badly trained and always look hesistant to help.
Wont book here again. And I suggest neither do you.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank Amrit K
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Dubai and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor.

Allow me to profusely apologize for the shortfalls that you had experienced on several occasions during your recent stay at Mina A'Salam. I would very much appreciate if you could please contact me directly so that we can obtain further details from you and take all the necessary actions to avoid the same from taking place in the future. I will be sending my contact details to you directly.

Once again, thank you for bringing this up to our attention. In the meantime, I remain

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 22 January 2015

I really like the style that this hotel is build in, the room was very nice as was the bathroom (love the Amouage bath products!) The staff was very nice, and the location is just the best. Next to Burj al Arab you have a stunning view at the beach. The water with boats that bring you to the medina is a very nice touch. Breakfast is very good here, might seem a bit expensive but they really have EVERYTHING you can imagine, just make sure you have a good appetite or it will be a waste of money.

The pool is a bit small, but it was not very busy so I guess that wasn't a big problem. However I do think that they could have a nicer and bigger pool for a 5 star hotel in that price range. The beach makes up for it though, very big with enough space !

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank JanineCK

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at Mina A'Salam and I am delighted to know that you and your friends had a fantastic holiday. I sincerely appreciate that you share a wonderful review as well as recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.