3,336 results
All reviews the burj al arab bahri bar wild wadi abra boats ice lollies premium leisure golf buggies madinat complex noodle house club executive talise spa half board afternoon tea cold towels beach hotel private beach restaurants and bars
Reviewed 24 January 2015

Having stayed at the Mina many times before we know how wonderful this hotel is but at Christmas it is even more appealing.Top marks for the staff who look after the decorations in the resort.
The staff make every stay that extra bit special,special mention must go to Gisele,Shashank and Rakesh,and particularly the excellent Club Lounge staff under Laura's guidence who are that extra bit special and always make our stay so enjoyable.
Regarding the building work next door,if you choose the Arabian Development Room then of course you will be disturbed,just chose different room type.

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank Seaneeng
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A' Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to celebrate the Festive Season with us and I am thrilled to read through your review especially the profile picture of our Club Lounge team. I am sure they will be equally happy to receive your feedback.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

Dont be fooled by the glitz and glam of the restaurants and gorgeous surroundings. For the rates we paid including being in the club lounge as well our experience was surely not in line with the high prices we paid. Firstly when we arrived we were asked our names and told to wait at check in counter line. Only after a while we were told that check in was upstairs at the club lounge. That truly didnt seem like a good start after a long flight of almost 8 hours.On the second day my husband was looking for help with sending our shopping bags to our room so we could have a drink in the lounge after a long day outside. He was sent to 3 different counters before we finally got some help with the last staff waving his hands saying "its not my job" which was rather rude response to a guest if you ask me. And to top it off on the third and last day when we were checking out at the executive lounge and I asked if I could order a quick meal before I leave I was told that no food can be sent to the lounge from any kitchen which I find just ridiculous. The lady then said she would try and called the kitchen to ask and I heard the entire conversation that wasnt in English but in their native language which happens to be mine as well but because I dont look it they assumed I wouldnt understand. And it basically was of annoyance of my request and again that they are too busy they cant do it and to ask me to go eat in the restaurant and to my disgust the hostess answered " she probabably wont want to pay for the brunch". Finally they said ok over the phone but I would need to wait for 45 mins to an hour. I have never been so insulted that way and treated with so much disrespect as a paying guest in suppposedly one of the 12 best hotels in the world. Its my first trip to dubai and has turned out to be the worst hotel stay ever. Hotel is luxurious but the staff are badly trained and always look hesistant to help.
Wont book here again. And I suggest neither do you.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank Amrit K
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A' Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Dubai and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor.

Allow me to profusely apologize for the shortfalls that you had experienced on several occasions during your recent stay at Mina A'Salam. I would very much appreciate if you could please contact me directly so that we can obtain further details from you and take all the necessary actions to avoid the same from taking place in the future. I will be sending my contact details to you directly.

Once again, thank you for bringing this up to our attention. In the meantime, I remain

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 22 January 2015

I really like the style that this hotel is build in, the room was very nice as was the bathroom (love the Amouage bath products!) The staff was very nice, and the location is just the best. Next to Burj al Arab you have a stunning view at the beach. The water with boats that bring you to the medina is a very nice touch. Breakfast is very good here, might seem a bit expensive but they really have EVERYTHING you can imagine, just make sure you have a good appetite or it will be a waste of money.

The pool is a bit small, but it was not very busy so I guess that wasn't a big problem. However I do think that they could have a nicer and bigger pool for a 5 star hotel in that price range. The beach makes up for it though, very big with enough space !

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank JanineCK

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at Mina A'Salam and I am delighted to know that you and your friends had a fantastic holiday. I sincerely appreciate that you share a wonderful review as well as recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Other than the location.....Dont be fooled by the glitz and glam that awaits you. Understandably rates were high as it was just after New Year. Our family had booked 2 rooms. Whislt checking in we asked if there were other rooms available that would accomodate us all as a family. Yes, there was a room available and it was more than 1000 dirhams cheaper. We were deligted and requested if we could rather have these rooms. Oh no he replied.... the check in process had allready been done, and if they were to cancel we would have to pay 100% cancellation charges and then re book the cheaper rooms. I was astounded, after much deliberation and requests for managemnet to intervene. The bottom line was - nothing else could be done. The main computer was run off site and no reversals or changes could be made. There was no attempt to respond, other than - this take it or leave it, false apologetic stand.
Trying to get hold of the Concierge during our stay was unsuccessful, the phone ran continuously, we had to leave our room take the lift downstairs and wait in reception as there was only one person manning the concierge desk. The location is fantastic -
the artificial little venice atmosphere can pull the wool over ones eye - it is a synthetic stay.
Wont book here again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Ayangara

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your valued feedback mentioned on your review and would like to apologize once again for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us at Mina A'Salam. I will be contacting you directly to obtain more details about your stay so we can investigate this accordingly.

In the meantime, I remain

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 18 January 2015

My family and I have been coming to this hotel yearly since it opened and we are yet to find another hotel anywhere in the world to compete against its level of luxury and hospitality.

We always stay in the Premium Leisure club and Lee is the perfect host every time. Through all our rigorous requests her smile never faltered and her continuous delivery of fantastic service was always apparent.

Is a good nights sleep guaranteed? Yes. The hotel offers the comfiest beds, the best range of pillows and the softest bed linen. After a dreamy nights sleep you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to spend another day by the fabulous and recently refurnished pool.

The ambience in PLC is perfect, a friendly atmosphere where people like Sammy know you by name and make sure your glass never goes empty. The way the staff connect to guests personally is truly heart warming, as a guest I felt highly valued by the staff and I knew the staff cared about my experience at the hotel.

The Rooms Director Mr Shashank Vasta showed us professionalism, generosity and eagerness to go that extra mile in order to turn any of our requests into reality, really did make the whole experience indisputably superior to any I have had before.

We shall most definitely continue to visit this amazing establishment yearly!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Benjamin M

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued loyalty towards our hotel over the years and I am delighted to learn that you always enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely appreciate your compliment towards our Club Lounge team, I am sure they will be very happy to receive your appreciation. Lee and Sammy is no longer with us, nevertheless thank you for mentioning them in your review.

Once again, thank you for choosing Mina A'Salam over the many options available in Dubai. We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.