Spend 2 nights here for business reasons and mainly chose it for its location. As you can see from previous reviews this is quite a new hotel and a dry one which isn't an issue with me. Here are my thoughts
Located right outside is the Emirate Towers Metro Station.
1) Hard to find for Taxi drivers. (this will probably improve over time and more drivers start to know its location)
2) Poor furnitures. as mentioned before some of the furnitures are old and in poor condition, clearly taken from another hotel.
3) very poor fittings, the wash basin was loose and was moving around during use and on the last night of use the whole sink drain trap detached and waste water flowed onto the floor.
4) No hot water! - called maintainance and observed what he did to solve it. Basically all the taps to full for hot water and wait for 10 mins before there was any.
5) The elevators was very loud and can be heard from quite far away
6) Breakfast was on the 5th floor Metro restaurant, average food and slow service
7) The staff was friendly enough but the valet didn't speak very good english and when i asked for a card to show taxi drivers i was basically asked to go myself to the front desk to get it.
8) WIFI was slow and kept dropping.
9) The front desk upon checking out asked if there was any issues and when i mentioned the above issues ie wash basin, hot water and furniture the reply was like "oh ok we know about these issues" No apologies nor solutions was offered, why did you bothered to ask in the first place.
A poor experience of this hotel and there is plently of choice in Dubai, will not be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai is strategically situated on one of the city's most prestigious venues, Sheikh Zayed Road, facing the Dubai International Financial Centre, close to the World Trade Centre. A 5 minute shuttle or metro ride away, you can shop at The Dubai Mall or marvel and the world's tallest tower - Burj Khalifa. The 65 story hotel tower comprises of 398 elegantly built rooms ranging from 34m² to 101m² spread over 39 floors. The hotel rooms start from the 26th floor upwards till the 65th floor. You can enjoy some of the splendid views of Dubai, overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road, Zabeel Palace, Dubai Creek and Jumeirah beach. All rooms feature an LCD TV, internet access, hairdryer, safe as well as tea and coffee making facilities. An iron and ironing board is available upon request. The hotel hosts 10 modern meeting rooms as well as 4 food and beverage outlets namely: Atrium Cafe offering light snacks and beverages, Al Mashrbia - offering authentic Arabian culinary delights, Mandi and Local specialties, Metro! all-day dining restaurant serving international dishes and the Infinity pool lounge serving light snacks and refreshing mock-tails. In addition the hotel offers a 24 hour business centre located on the 61st floor Club Lounge; the Infinity Health Club and Spa offers a variety of relaxing spa treatments as well as a state-of-the-art fitness centre along with an infinity pool where guests can relax and enjoy the stunning views of the Arabian Sea and Jumeirah beach. Located on the ground level, guests can also enjoy a gift shop offering a variety of products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.